PaulLiskay 06000284J3 Visits (321)
How to do a silent install of IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT), or the RPT Load agent is a common topic. To do one on Linux is a bit trickier than on Microsoft Windows because most people are more familiar with Windows than Linux. Don't worry, it's still relatively easy and straight forward.
The approach I took was:
1. download IM 1.8.2 and the RPT 8.7 Agent repositories
2. copy from Windows machine to Linux machine using pscp, a Windows version of scp (secure copy)
3. install the standalone Installation Manager 1.8.2 for Linux
4. run that Installation Manager in GUI mode to create a response file needed for the silent install
5. then run Installation Manager from the command line using the response file generated in step 4 to install the agent silently.
Here's the steps
1. download IM 1.8.2 from htt
2. copy to Linux machine, I'm copying to /tmp/IM182
3. unzip on Linux machine to /tmp/IM182
[root@citmx373 IM182]# unzip age
4. install IM
[root@citmx373 IM182]# pwd
5. copy the agent to the Linux machine, I'm copying to /tmp/RPT87Agent
6. unzip it
[root@citmx373 RPT87Agent]# pwd
7. run IM in GUI mode to create a response file
[root@citmx373 eclipse]# pwd
8. Verify creation of response file
root@citmx373 eclipse]# ls /tmp
9. Do the silent install using the response file just created
[root@citmx373 eclipse]# pwd
10. Verify installation.
Check that the majordomo.config file exists and has the right hostname of the RPT workbench. Then check if the agent is started.
[root@citmx373 Majordomo]# pwd
11, Check agent status on RPT workbench by clicking on the agent status icon
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (574)
Using IBM Rational Functional Tester in the Rational Test Workbench Eclipse Client- In this video you will learn how you can work with functional test scripts in the Rational Test Workbench Eclipse Client. We will cover:
@Sharma~Pankaj 270001DHR3 Visits (2614)
The IBM Rational License key server v8.1.3 (v11.10) was released on July 2nd 2012 , which means now you can migrate to license server v8.1.3 if you have deployed any older version of license server. You can refer below tech note to know the system requirements of license server v8.1.3
Scenario B: Migration of Telelogic License server 2.x to 8.1.3
Scenario C : Migration of Rational License server 8.1.x to 8.1.3
Note: If you move the license server to a new host , you may need to rehost the license file. You have to return the license file created for the old license server on Rational License Key center website and regenerate the new license file using the host details of the new server.
Authors: Pankaj Sharma & Karthik M
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (3351)
A series of white papers providing an overview of different installation scenarios for ClearCase and ClearQuest: These four scenarios involve the use of IBM Installation Manager technology, used with these Rational products starting in the 7.1 release.
kellypuffs 06000168YK Visits (3517)
Enterprise Deployment of Rational 7.1 products using IBM Installation Manager
IBM Installation Manager is a program that helps you install, update, modify, roll-back and uninstall packages on your workstation.
This document discusses the benefits of using Installation Manager over installation methods used with 7.0 and earlier versions of Rational Products and provides instructions on how to setup an Installation Manager repository, how to create a response file and how to perform a silent installation.