Rational Developer for System i (v9.0): Activation kit for ESS orders - This article details the steps needed in order to successfully download the activation kit for ESS or AAS orders.
To obtain licenses for orders placed either via econfig (AAS - Advanced Administrator System) or ESS (Entitled Software Support) customers should access our ESS support site to download the activation kit. Also, the activation kit is included within the media received from IBM.
1. Logon to the ESS Support site.
2. On the left side of the screen under 'My entitled software' click on Register IBM customer number if this is a new order or new user.
4. Select the OS version, Product number and continue. Check V6R1M0 version first since most of our keys are placed under this version regardless of your iSeries version.
5. Under 'Software downloads' verify the product and continue.
6. Accept the license agreement.
7. Select 'Click here to use HTTP'.
8. Right click on the activation kit and save it to the local harddrive.
9. Burn the .iso image to a disk to obtain the *.jar file or use a 3rd party software to open the .iso file.