Randy.Simmons 270002WWMT Visits (828)
My name is Randy Simmons and I am a Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) Support Engineer specializing in the Requirements and Quality Management Tool. I was tasked to create a Video Series to give internal IBMer’s and external customers a basic understanding and troubleshooting options to use when Java related problems occur using the CLM suite of Tools.
This “Non-Programmer's Guide to Troubleshooting Java in CLM” video series covers the topics below. It will make you more aware of the Java Tools available for download at IBM DeveloperWorks. It give you some background about how Java and JVMs work, what data Rational Support is looking for, and the understanding of how you would go about troubleshooting Java or Performance related issues.
Click through the titles to watch the four videos, or click play on the embedded playlist at the end:
1. Introduction to Java for CLM: This video is a recording from an education session "Non-Programmer's Guide to Troubleshooting Java in CLM". This video provides an introduction to Java for IBM Rational Collaboration Lifecycle Management V5.0 users.
2. Garbage Collection in Java for CLM: This video provides an overview of Java Garbage Collection for IBM Rational Collaboration Lifecycle Management V5.0 users.
3. IBM Diagnostic and Monitoring tools for Java with CLM: This video provides an overview of some Java diagnostic and monitoring tools for IBM Rational Collaboration Lifecycle Management V5.0 users.
4. Interpreting Unresponsiveness with Java for CLM: This video provides some examples of what to do when experiencing Java unresponsiveness with IBM Rational Collaboration Lifecycle Management V5.0.
Note: The above list is organized in the link to the embedded playlist below: http
RohitBalduwa 2700066W8H Visits (893)
The Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) upgrade scripts - Jazz Team Server (JTS), Change and Configuration Management (CCM), Quality Management (QM), Requirements Management (RM) provides an additional command line para
This new command line para
The upgrade scripts also provides other parameters(such as -noPrompt -noStepPrompt –overwrite -noVerify)
As a result, the automation of the upgrade scripts can be achieved by prevent all the user interactions.
An example command to perform JTS upgrade by suppressing all the user interactions:
However, vvc_upgrade.bat, dm_upgrade.bat, and relm_upgrade.bat don't support the noEditor option.Therefore, running these three upgrade batch files still require manual user interaction.
mquimby 060001FAVB Visits (1358)
There are some new videos published to the IBM
Rational Performance Tester
Rational Team Concert
Rational Developer for i
mquimby 060001FAVB Visits (1160)
There are three new videos from Rational Support that have been published to IBM Education Assistant and YouTube. Below is a list of helpful videos for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) and Rational Licensing.
These videos are available on the IBM Rational Deploy, IBM Rational User Education, and IBM Rational Support YouTube channels. Subscribe to them to stay up to date on the latest videos! Here is a look at one of the CLM videos:
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (1590)
WHAT COMPELS AN IBM PARTNER TO PUT SUCH A MAGNITUDE OF TRUST IN IBM RATIONAL AVP?
One of IBM’s largest competitors is also one of IBM's most important business partners for software and systems. This Consulting Firm’s goal is to standardize how they approach software delivery for their clients. They consider Rational to be a good technology fit in this area, so they have made the Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) solution and other Rational products the critical foundation of their software delivery process. This is a clear endorsement of IBM Rational products and strategy by one of the world’s leading companies.
Since 2007, this Consulting Firm has also invested in a successfully evolving partnership with the experienced Rational Accelerated Value Program (AVP) team. AVP is Predictive, Preemptive and Proactive - bringing fast ROI for Rational Software clients across the globe. Consulting Firm relies on their AVP team for advice on their overall software deployment strategy, guidance on successful roll out of Rational tools, and the management of expedited resolution for cost-inducing software issues. The client considers the AVP team to be a high value extension of their own teams and have granted access to several of their internal systems and environments to make collaboration and troubleshooting easier- showing ultimate trust with IBM AVP.
The flexibility and personalization of the Accelerated Value Program has meant that the service continuously adapts to align with Consulting Firm's needs, so it is no surprise that the by the end of their current contract they will have been a AVP client for a full decade! AVP’s comprehensive knowledge of their customer’s business goals, ecosystem and topology helps ensure that the team is well positioned to dynamically respond to changing business conditions, partnering for continued success.
EXAMPLES OF HOW CONSULTING FIRM’S BUSINESS WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPACTED WITHOUT THE GUIDANCE OF THE EXPERIENCED RATIONAL ACCELERATED VALUE PROGRAM TEAM
2. Working with IBM Level 2 support and IBM Development, the AVP team arranged for the delivery of more than 20 hotfixes for Consulting Firm's CLM deployments in 2013. Without these hotfixes Consulting Firm would have had to upgrade all 1000+ of their CLM deployments to each quarterly release. Avoiding 5 additional upgrades saved Consulting Firm $3.08 million (1000 deployments X 8 hours per upgrade X 5 upgrades X $77/hr FTE cost).
OVER THE PAST YEAR, THE AVP TEAM HAS COLLABORATED ON SEVERAL WINS WITH CONSULTING FIRM’S STAKEHOLDERS. READ JUST SOME OF THE IMPRESSIVE AVP ACHIEVEMENTS BELOW:
WHAT’S AHEAD FOR THE CONSULTING FIRM’S AVP PARTNERSHIP IN THE FUTURE?