The deadline for submitting your abstract to speak at Innovate 2011
has been extended to January 14, 2011!
And here are 5 tips to get your paper accepted:
- Measurable results - There is a big difference between saying “This worked for us” and “We achieved a 35% Return on Investment”. Measurable results are a great way to prove the effectiveness of your strategies to your audience.
- Real Life Examples - There is no substitute for experience. Audiences love to hear directly from people who have implemented winning strategies. If you’re an IBMer or an IBM Business Partner, team up with a client to bring your story to life. If you’re a client, dedicate some of your time to letting your audience know how things really worked, or didn’t!
- No Spam - Infomercials are not welcome. Audiences want to learn how to be successful; if that includes a mention of a specific product or service, then great. If that focuses solely on a given product or service, then audiences will tune out. If you came to advertise, you should participate in our solution center.
- See the Big Picture - Software delivery is a team sport. And while your presentation may focus on a specific aspect of software delivery, it likely has impacts on other areas of, or individuals within, your organization. Don’t forget about those impacts, tell us how you integrated and collaborated with other tools, areas or individuals. We want to understand the full impact of your strategies.
- Speak to Your Industry - Sometimes your successful strategies will be dependent on circumstances unique to your organization. Consider generalizing your guidance so that it will apply to others in similar industries or more generic situations.
There's not much time left, so act quickly.
Hope to see YOU at Innovate 2011!