IBM’s new software service request (SR) tool is live and available to customers. Current electronic submission (ESR) user ID and support relationships were migrated into the new SR tool. Users can log in to SR using the same IBM user ID used for ESR. All electronic and voice problem management records will continue to be available in the new SR tool.
The new IBM Service Request tool will continue to provide the world-class IBM technical support and features from ESR including:
- Manage (add/delete access) software service request web application users without contacting IBM. This feature is only available to individuals who have Site Technical Contact (STC) authority defined either by contract requirements or at their request, and can be used for any IBM customer number.
- Ability to assign and identify three levels of access - Site Technical Contact , Authorized Caller, or Read only access to support agreements.
- Site Technical Contacts (STC) can authorize IBM Business Partners to agreements.
- View support contract details for any IBM software support contracts, including products supported, contract start and end dates, incident details for incident based contracts.
- "Save as Draft" functions for service request that allow users to return at a later time to complete.
- Create preferred products list for key products.
- Receive e-mail notifications when an update has been made to a users service request or when it has been closed.
- Updating of user profile, including name, e-mail, phone numbers, time zone. Alternate contacts, e-mail notification and Web notification preferences.
Additional information on the IBM Service Request tool including Using, FAQs, Viewlet Tours etc... can be found on our Service Request Help Page at http://www.ibm.com/support/electronic/navpage.wss?category=25
Q. How will I access the new SR system?
You may access the new SR system the same way they currently access ESR. System. Re-directs are now live, expiring in 2010.
Q. What is the advantage of using SR?
The new tool provides our Customers a single registration and a common interface to support IBM software. The SR tool has capabilities and functional enhancements over both of the previous ESR and SSR tools. Additionally, SR will be deployed in IBM's highest availability infrastructure to improve system availability.
Q: Will I have to register to access the new SR tool?
A: No. You will use Your existing ESR ID/Password to access SR.
Q: Will all of my current PMRs and Authorized Caller lists still be available in the new SR tool?
A: Yes, however draft PMR's in ESR will not be migrated to SR.
Q: How is SR GUI similar to ESR?
A: Most of the SR interface will be very familiar to previous users of ESR. Some of the ESR submission forms have been redesigned or renamed (such as site technical contact capabilities are referred to as "relationship". There will be virtually no learning curve for current ESR Clients.