The IBM Rational Client Success Team is holding an Open Mic session covering access to the Rational product Help content. This session is essential to anyone in need of web based help delivery or secured environment help content delivery alike. Add this session to your calendar today so you don't miss this important topic.
Title: Configuring, administering, and troubleshooting access to Rational product help
Date: Wednesday, 23rd October 2013
Time: 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
Duration: 1 Hour
Hosted and presented by:
- Christopher P. Austin - Infrastructure Software Engineer
- Margaret Eker - Content developer
- Hadar Hawk - Information Architect
- Sandra Liles - User Assistance manager
Overview: Rational products support web-based delivery of help which provides options for delivering product help content to users. By default, users access product help content from an IBM server hosted on the internet. If internet access is not available due to security or environmental issues, Rational product users and administrators also have options to download the help for local use or set up an intranet server to host and deliver the help content. Join us to learn more about the help delivery options, how to determine the best option for your environment, and get tips on configuring, administering, and troubleshooting Rational product help content.
- Overview of help delivery options and deployment scenarios
- Configuring and administering product help for web-based products
- Configuring product help for Eclipse based products
- Solving common problems
- Resources for further information
- Q & A
Phone #: 1-888-426-6840
Participant Code: 8895423
For more information on these and other sessions, see the Rational Support Technical Exchange Open Mics and Webcasts page.