Introduction to DOORS Next Generation v4.0.5 for DOORS v9.5.2 Users- This video introduces IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation to people already familiar with IBM Rational DOORS 9. It highlights some basic differences between the two applications, including deployment, terminology, administration and basic use.
At the end of this video, you should be aware that Rational DOORS Next Generation has a fully functional web client and does not install locally. It uses artifacts instead of objects. It has multiple editors to capture and elaborate requirements information. Some administration happens at the Jazz level and some at the project level. Definitions of types happens outside the module. Working with modules is similar to the way things were done before. Some new things should be noticed as well, such as dashboards, views that are shared across modules, and the ability to use artifacts in multiple modules.
One thing that is not obvious in the video but should be noted, is that if you install Rational DOORS Next Generation as part of the IBM Rational solution, with IBM Rational Quality Manager and IBM Rational Team Concert, you get additional lifecycle capabilities with your Rational DOORS or Rational DOORS Next Generation license.
- For more information refer to the information center (https://jazz.net/help-dev/).
- Information center - Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (https://jazz.net/help-dev/)
- Rational DOORS Next Generation project page on jazz.net (https://jazz.net/products/rational-do...)
- Jazz technology platform: https://jazz.net/story/about/about-ja...
- Rational DOORS Next Generation and Rational DOORS 9.x product page on IBM developerWorks® (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rat...)
- Rational DOORS 9.x project pages (http://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtoo...)
- Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (http://open-services.net/)