Under IBM Rational Quality Manager v4.0.3 , say you have added a few execution variables and these variables are assigned to Test Steps for a given Test Case.
- Create a new Test Script and added an Execution Variable <Save>
- Add an Execution variable to a few steps <Save>
- Changed the state from Draft to Ready for Review <Save>
- Changed the state from Ready for Review to Approve <Save>
- Changed the state from Approve to ReOpen <Save>
- At this point the History section of the Manual Test Script does display the “removed” entry for each of the Execution Variables.
For example: After transitioning the Script state from Approved to Draft (i.e. using the 'reopen' option) the history does include 'Removed' entries corresponding to the Execution Variables (as seen below)
Modified date: Mar 25, 2015 1:19:33 PM
Modified by: Admin
Modified by (User ID): Admin
Removed Execution Variable : (VarA, 1 )
Removed Execution Variable : (VarB, 2 )
State Approved ? Draft
From the UI perspective; the Execution Variables are still associated with each of the steps; however, the Execution Variables View is empty. So basically there are two issues here.
• The History displaying the Removed entry
• The Execution Variables View being empty
This behavior is only specific to RQM v4.0.3 and is not reproducible under later releases of RQM. So as a work-around in RQM v4.0.3, you are forced to re-add the execution variables to the Test Steps. Note that this is a User Interface (UI) problem and does not break the functionality.