DevOps helps establish easier, quicker handoffs from planning and development to deployment and other siloed areas. In this complimentary series of webcasts, we’ll discuss this collaborative approach for continuous software delivery, and how IBM integrated development and operations tools and processes can help optimize the entire lifecycle of your applications. Join us to learn about the DevOps architecture and how the IBM suite of development and operations products reduce the hops and stops on the continuous track of software delivery with end-to-end collaborative software innovation.
With the DevOps approach, organizations can:
- Deliver a differentiated and engaging customer experience to build customer loyalty and increase market share
- Continuously obtain and respond to customer feedback
- Capture markets with a fast-mover advantage
- Improve predictability and success with quicker time-to-value of software-based innovation
- Reduce waste and rework, and shift resources to high-value activities
Register today for the entire series, or for any of the individual webcasts as seen below. All sessions are one hour in length, beginning at 11 a.m. EDT / 3:00 p.m. GMT / UTC
August 7: IBM DevOps Solution: Accelerating the delivery of multiplatform applications
Mobile, social, big data and cloud technologies are driving the demand for new, faster and more frequent approaches to software delivery across all platforms, middleware and devices. The goal is to push out significantly more features in each release and get more releases out the door with confidence, while maintaining compliance and quality. Amid these demands and goals are some common problems – or gaps– with software delivery that need to be mitigated.
In this session, IBM executives will discuss how IBM DevOps solution addresses culture, process and tools integration across the software delivery lifecycle - spanning distributed and mainframe environments. They will provide updates on the latest IBM System z tools and middleware offerings, and introduce the recent IBM acquisition of UrbanCode.
- Hayden Lindsey, Vice President and Distinguished Engineer, Enterprise Modernization and Emerging Technologies, IBM Software Group
- Mike Perera, Vice President, WebSphere®, CICS® and TPF on System z, IBM Software Group
- Carmen DeArdo, Director, Application Development Leader, Nationwide
August 14: IBM DevOps Solution: Continuous business planning to get cost out and agility in
Do you know what you have, what it is worth to your business and what that return is costing you? Are you able to respond to business needs and customer demand in a timely manner while also managing the cost to deliver that value? In this webcast, you’ll learn about actionable strategies and techniques to get more out of your existing investments. Our experts will discuss how you can transform your application portfolio to reduce maintenance and development lifecycle costs and improve the decisions you make about technology investments.
- Rick Slade, Rational® Tiger Team, Enterprise Modernization and IT Solution Architect, IBM Software Sales
- Richard Szulewski, Senior Product Manager, Business Process, Rules and Events for System z, IBM Software Group
September 4: IBM DevOps Solution: Collaborative development to spark innovation and integration among teams
Application development cannot be sustained in disjointed silos. New mobile, social, big data and analytics projects demand a development process that is fast, integrated, creative and affordable. Your teams need to work closely with one another, regardless of the deployment platform used to run the components of those applications. The needs of your business change quickly, too, making it necessary to re-prioritize work quickly and shift resources to different projects efficiently. With advanced, productive and unified development environments and middleware from Rational and CICS, you can apply talent across boundaries and keep the focus on innovation and high-quality code development and test.
- Tim Hahn, Distinguished Engineer, Chief Architect for Enterprise Modernization, IBM Software Group
- Danny Mace, Director, CICS Products, IBM Software Group
September 11: IBM DevOps Solution: Continuous testing to save costs and improve application quality
As teams move more quickly to meet customer demands, they need ways to ensure quality while keeping deliveries on time and costs under control. These challenges can be met by automating manual, repetitive tasks, including build, regression testing, integration testing, problem determination and functional validation. Further benefits can be realized by virtualizing services that are external to applications under test. Join us and learn how to get started with automated testing and debugging, as you learn valuable service virtualization techniques.
- Rosalind Radcliffe, Distinguished Engineer, Enterprise Modernization Solution Architect, IBM Software Group
- Marty Shelton, Product Line Manager, Problem Determination Tools, IBM Software Group
September 18: IBM DevOps Solution: Continuous release and deployment to compress delivery cycles
Manual processes and efforts to deliver software changes across an enterprise are notoriously risky, costly, and error-prone. Today’s applications are complex, and multi-tiered, where deployment often consists of orchestrated changes to multiple subsystems and can involve multiple teams of specialists, with a shrinking release window. New deployment models and tools have come into play that help streamline collaboration between teams, standardize and automate repeatable tasks, thereby increasing deployment quality and repeatability while reducing risk and cost. This new generation of release, deployment and provisioning tools helps you improve your processes today, while positioning you for an easy jump to next-generation systems management in the future, saving days or even weeks of effort for every deployment. Attend this session to discover strategies for application release automation and some new tools that can help.
- David Myers, Product Manager, DevOps/Continuous Delivery for Mainframe and Mobile, IBM Software Group
- Mike Baskey, Chief Architect for Cloud on System z, IBM Software Group
Register today for the entire series, or for any of the individual webcasts.