While configuring Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence (RRDI) on distributed environment, you have to catalog Rational Insight data warehouse (RIDW) and Rational Insight Content Manager (RICM) databases on the reporting server.
You can follow the below steps if the database used is SQL
1. Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator applet.
■ On a 32-bit system, select Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC).
■ On a 64-bit system, open C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\odbcad32.exe.
2 When the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box opens, select the System DSN tab
3. To create a new SQL Server ODBC connection, click Add, select SQL Native Client, and click Finish.
4. Type an ODBC datastore name (DSN) in the Name text box.
5. (Optional) Type an ODBC DSN description in the Description text box.
6. Select the server name from the Server drop-down menu and click Next.
7. Type the SQL Server host name in the text box if it is not in the drop-down menu.
8. Select one of the authentication methods.
■ If you selected SQL authentication, type your SQL Server login name and password and click Next.
9. Select the database created from the Change the default database to menu and click Next.
10. Click Finish.
11. Click Test Data Source.
12. When the SQL Server ODBC Data Source test is complete and you receive the TEST COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY message, click OK.
13. Click OK to close the test dialog box, and then click OK to exit ODBC Data Source Administrator apple
Looking for even more configuration guidance? Check out these great RRDI Configuration videos on the jazz.net deployment wiki: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RRDIConfigurationVideos