DOORS Web Access (DWA) 9.6+ includes a translation layer that converts the DOORS data to a format that can be loaded to a DOORS Next Generation datawarehouse, using the same ETL (Extract, Translate, Load) jobs used for DOORS Next Generation. This blog covers linking them and running an ETL.
There are three prerequisites:
- Insight 126.96.36.199 is installed and configured with Rational Reporting Data Model (DW+CALM)-no-security.zip. It is important it has the –no-security one.
- A DOORS Next Generation data warehouse has been configured.
- DOORS Web Access 9.6 or later and DOORS are installed and configured.
These are not minor depending on your background. If like me your background is in DOORS I would recommend you get help on the Insight setup.
- Stop DWA and edit <DWA Install>\server\festival\config\festival.xml to have in the f:properties section:
<f:property name="disable.oauth" value="true" />
- Start DWA.
- Download the etlfiles.zip from https://dwahost:8443/dwa-rrtranslator/etlfiles.zip. It will ask for DOORS login.
- Copy etlfiles.zip to the Insight box and unzip it; there should be a doors.xdc file inside.
- Open the doors.xdc in the XML Data Configuration Tool.
Note that there are two nodes, one for RRC and one for DOORS. By default, it is configured to pull data from both DOORS Next Generation (which used to be called RRC) and DOORS 9. For this setup I’m not interested in pulling data from DOORS Next Generation. So I change the RRC group to DOORS 9 and set authentication type to Form and enter DOORS username/password. Rename it and delete the original DOORS one.
It should look like my screenshot, note the Form Security URL must be blank and the Authentication type must be Form.
- Launch: %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
- Follow this help page and point it to the doors.xdc file: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYQBZ_9.6.1/com.ibm.rational.doors.integrating.doc/topics/t_create_dsn.html
- Open IBM Cognos Data Manager and point the Connection – Rational Requirements Composer, at that ODBC connection – it should be one of the options in the Data Source Name drop down box. Note it is the Rational Requirements Composer Connection where I change the Data Source Name:
- Start a DOORS client and under File-OSLC-working sets, add one module.
10. Back in IBM Cognos Data Manager, execute the RM_ODS5.0_FullLoad under RRCJobs.
This should state it succeeded:
That’s it. If the job does not succeed, look in the %userprofile%\logs\ri_jdbc.log and the <DWA Install>\server\festival\logs\reporting_translation_layer.log.
If you have any trouble seeing the data in Insight, make sure the Rational Reporting Data Model (DW+CALM)-no-security.zip is loaded.