The new IBM Knowledge Center is now ready for you to use in open beta, live on ibm.com! Remember...
- This beta will run until the end of February 2014.
- Need Help? Click on the question mark icon in the upper right corner of the Knowledge Center screen.
- Send us your feedback! After you've worked with IBM Knowledge Center, sign in with your IBM ID and take a few moments to complete the survey on IBM Knowledge Center.
Here are some key features to look at in the Beta:
- Get hints for finding things easier (In search, type part of a product name or a subject, and get the typeahead hints to help you find what you want)
- Sign in with your IBM ID, and then be able to...
- Create your own collections of pages (Right-click a page in the TOC and then select an option)
- From your collection, create a PDF (Click My Collections, select a collection, and then click Create PDF File)
- Add comments to pages (At the bottom of the page, click Add Comment)
And here is what we were thinking about when we created IBM Knowledge Center:
We thought about what tasks people will have in mind when they come to IBM Knowledge Center. Who is coming here for what? What’s the value from your perspective? For one thing, across the board, the value is not just knowledge, but getting to the knowledge faster, to get access to it more easily. It needs to be more inclusive, so we’re putting your experience before the technical experience. It’s a bit of an attitude change for IBM, an attitude that is more focused on how you need to get access to the product information as a whole.
When you look at the new IBM Knowledge Center, ibm.biz/IBMKCgo, you get the feeling that this is how it should have been all along. Feels right. More intuitive. IBM Knowledge Center puts a plan and a structure to what we have. No one would have designed what we have now! It grew organically.
IBM Knowledge Center is about making you smarter, giving you a personalized experience of your content. We know you care about more than one product, so having all the products in Knowledge Center is an improvement over product-centric information centers. Having everything in one spot makes it easier to find the topics that you are looking for. If you are used to PDFs, you can still generate PDFs that contain just the information that you need, or you can just use the documentation online.
If you are used to information centers, IBM Knowledge Center might look unfamiliar at first, but after you select a product, it will look familiar again. We want to make the getting-started experience simple yet powerful. There are a few simple things to do first, to get oriented, like select your products, search with filters, create a sample collection. Once you get started, you’ll begin to see how easy it is to find what you need, and to save what you want for future reference.
So don't forget: the IBM Knowledge Center is ready for you to use today, in an open beta version. Try it for yourself at ibm.biz/IBMKCgo.