You will be unable to save formal review section after adding a approver/reviewer in RQM 5.0.
Analyzing the logs, it would show many “Null Pointer Exceptions " errors and all Null Pointer Exceptions found in the log would concur at the same file,
method as being unable to create the Work Item of type review the case.
The likely cause in this case is that the Work Item type is null which means the process template the your teams using might not contain the Work item "Review" type defined.
You will need to check if you have the work item of Review type defined.
You may click on Manage Project Area > Work Items > Types and Attributes to check if the Work Item Review has been defined.
If the work item “Review type’ is not found , you will need to define the WI Review Type for all affected project areas by following the below steps:
1. Open an RTC client. Connect to the QM server by going to the Team Artifacts tab, then right-click on Repository Connections > New... Jazz Repository Connection, and then fill the requested information (Note: The URL should go as https://<hostname>:<port>/<qm-context>/). Click Ok.
2. Right-click on the newly created connection > Manage Connected Project Areas... and check the project area where the issue occurs.
3. Now the project area is shown. Right-click on it and click on "Open" or just double-click on it. The project area information tab will be opened. Click on the "Process Configuration" tab (shown at the bottom).
4. A tree showing all configuration options will be displayed at the left. Expand the Work Items item and click on Types and Attributes. A panel will appear showing all current work item types defined for this
QM project area.
5. Click on the "Add..." button. A dialog will appear showing 2 fields. Please fill those fields according to the following information:
Click the OK button.
6. The Task-Review type will now appear listed. We need to add the right icon, and then we need to set the following values on the combo boxes:
Work Item Editor: com.ibm.rqm.workitem.editor.review
Workflow: Review Workflow
Once all these values are set, click the "Save" button at the top right corner to save the changes on the project area.
Note:Please take a backup of your projects before trying out the suggestions. Also, it is advisable to try this out in a test environment with the same template.