How to enable the Duplicate link association for work-items in RTC Query view and Plan view ( Inline Workitem editor & Plan Editor )
Closing a workitem that uses a workflow which has a Duplicate Resolution needs to associate a duplicate Work Item.
Please find the below link for steps.
Scenario1: When query the workitem and change the state or work item to completed, it will popups the message to associate work
Scenario2: In plan editor the workitem change the state or workitem to completed, it will give error message to associate work
"Could not save work item.
No Duplicate work item was specified, click here to choose one."
Please find the steps below, where you can enable the Duplicate link association for work-items in RTC Query view and Plan view ( Inline Workitem editor & Plan Editor )
1. Open your project's configuration
2. Expand to the following section Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Editor Presentations
3. In the Choose the Editor Presentation to edit drop down select your work item's inline editor (this would be com.ibm.team.workitem.web.inline for Defects)
4. Under one of the sections add a new presentation
5. In the Add Presentation dialog select Non-Attribute-based Presentation
6. In the Kind drop down select Links
7. Choose your shown link types, making sure to select Duplicated By
Note: if you use "duplicated by", it will still complain that you do not have the correct relationship from your workitem association.
"Duplicate by" would be the other end of the link for "duplicate of"
Work item A and work item B
Work item B was opened but it describes the same thing that is covered in work item A
You want to close work item B because it is a duplicate
You would need to add a link from B to A, a "duplicate of..." link pointing to work item A
Work item A would then have a "duplicated by..." link pointing back to work item B
Its like a tracks/contributes or a parent/child, two different parts of the same link.
Note: Please associate the workitem using the "Duplicate of" from the workitem.