While executing test scripts in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Integration mode within IBM Rational Functional tester (RFT) , you might run into an error or reach an ObjectNotFound exception result.
Based on experience, this could be happening for a couple of reasons:
1. The version of System.Data file was different in customization folder
2. Non-admin user does not have enough privileges in IBMIMShared folder and RFT installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP in 64 bit OS or C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP in 32 bit OS) .
In either case above, here are a set of instructions that will potentially resolve this problem to help you get beyond the exception.
1. Navigate to C:\Windows\assembly folder and check the version of System.Data file
2. Navigate to .NET Framework installation directory C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework and open corresponding .Net framework folder and copy the System.Data.dll file.
3. Place the dll file into RFT customization folder in C:\ProgramData\IBM\RFT\customization
4. Launch RFT with Admin privileges and execute the script.