During RFT installation, sometimes you might have encountered the below error in IBM Installation Manager.
Error during "post-install configure" phase:
Error executing the C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\IBM\RFT\FunctionalTester\installscripts\installInternal.bat command:status=255.
The below message could be found in the installation manager log file located in C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\logs:
C:\ProgramData\IBM\RFT\customization XCOPY is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
cacls is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
To resolve the post-install configure error during installation you can try following the below procedures one by one:
- Add system32 path in the PATH variable:
Refer the technote 1515551 for detailed steps
- Launch Installation Manager with Run as Administrator privilege to install RFT:
- Click on Start > All Programs > IBM Installation Manger.
- Right click on 'IBM Installation Manger' and select 'Run as Administrator' option
- Clean un-installation of RFT:
- Uninstall Rational Functional Tester from IBM Installation Manager.
- Open the Windows Registry editor. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rational Software\RationalTest and take a backup and delete the entire 8 Folder under it.
- Uninstall IBM Installation Manager from control panel.
- Remove all files and folders under Rational Functional Tester installation directory, for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP
Navigate to C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\IBM and remove Rational Functional Tester folder.
Navigate to C:\ProgramData\IBM\RFT and remove customization and configuration folder.
- Restart the computer.
- Try to install RFT to a path without spaces and special characters:
During installation, change RFT installation directory to a path without spaces and special characters (For Example. D:\IBM).
- Use a new User credentials:
Create a new User with administrator privileges and login to the machine with this new user.