Below I will step you through integrating IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) with IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM).
In order to run the tests from Rational Quality Manager you will need to configure the RPT-RQM Adapter. By default this adapter will be installed during RPT installation.
The default location would be:
First you will need to start the adapter on the RPT workbench machine. This adapter can be started in the below modes:
Here we will look at the first option, integrating within the Test Workbench in the GUI mode.
1. On the RPT test workbench, click Window > Preferences
2. Select Quality Manager Adapter
3. Enter the valid QM URL and fill the login details along with the Project Name
4. On the same workbench, click Quality Manager Adapter view. to open the
5. Click Connect to RQM to start the adapter
6. The Messages field will display the status once the the connection is either successful / failed
Once the connection to RQM has been successfully established you may now login to the RQM to start importing the RPT Test Scripts.
2. Select the Script Type as 'Rational Performance Tester' from the drop down menu.
3. Select 'Use test resources that are local to a test machine and click Select Adapter
4. The workbench machine will be displayed and you can now proceed to click Import