Sometimes, you need to shell share an RTC client with RFT but because of the product versions involved, the underlying Eclipse versions are not compatible. For example, this will happen if you are using RFT 9.1 and need to shell share with an RTC 5.0.2 client.
When the Eclipse versions are incompatible, you won't be able to shell share an RTC client that you can install via Installation Manager with RFT. But you still can achieve shell sharing if you use the RTC client p2 install, which can be downloaded from jazz.net. Please note that the versions you integrate still need to be a supported combination (per the system requirements).
The example below installs the RTC 5.0.2 client into RFT 9.1 using the p2 installation method:
1. Download the RTC 5.0.2 p2 Install Repository from jazz.net (in the RTC 5.0.2 Downloads tab, go to the All Downloads tab).
2. Start RFT and do Help > Install New Software.
3. Click the Add button to start the installation.
4. Click the Archive button and navigate to the location of the downloaded .zip and add it.
5. Check the box for the RTC client and click Next, then click Next again.
6. Accept the terms and click Finish.
7. Click OK to proceed with the install if you get any security warnings.
8. Restart RFT when prompted to finish the installation.
9. If needed, reconfigure RFT to use Jazz source control.