While executing a functional test script in IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) for a file upload the window results in an error and the combo box is read only.
The code snippet is as follows:
The full error message is as follows:
exception_name = com.rational.test.ft.UnableToPerformActionException
exception_message = win.combobox.read_only
Here's how you can resolve this:
The combo box control has a child textbox and this textbox is holding the file name entered.
1. Open Test Object Map.
2. Click on Test Object > Insert Objects...
3. Capture the combo box control using the Object Finder.
4. select the radio button Include all available objects on this window and clicked on Finish.
5. Select the Text: Edit control.
6. Right click on the control and choose Add to Script option.
7. Right click on the control in Script Explorer and select Insert at Cursor option
8. Add setText() on the control and execute the script.
The new code snippet is as follows: