There are many scenarios where you might not be able to successfully import Rational Software Architect (RSA) models to Rational Design Manager (DM) using the import engine.
Most of such scenarios occur due to the fact that the import engine might not be configured properly.
Hence it is important that you follow the correct steps to configure RSA DM import engine for the import to work successfully.
Here are the steps you need to follow to configure the import engine.
Configure Import Engine
- Launch “Configure Import Engine” from “Start” menu
- Input required information into field
NOTE 1 : Real “Jazz User Account” and “Jazz User Password” has to be used
NOTE 2: Make sure you specified a valid path to the Import Engine installation folder in “Eclipse Installation Directory” field.
- Click “Test Configuration” button to see if Import Engine can connect to the server. You will see the following message in tray in case of success:
- Click “Ok” button to start the Import Engine
Create Import Definition
- Make sure you are using an Externally Managed project area. Create a new one if needed
- Open project area dashboard
- Click “File” and then select “Import Definition” menu item
4. In loaded page select a desired source
Import an entire workspace: you will need to specify the path to RSA workspace that contains projects to be imported.
NOTE: By default all projects from this workspace will be imported to DM server.
- Import Engine Name: exactly the same name should be specified as in Configuration Import Engine dialog.
- Eclipse Workspace Path: absolute path to RSA workspace on the same machine where Import Engine is launched.
Import Individual Projects: you will need to specify the path to the folder (can be a RSA workspace) that contains project(s) to be imported.
Import Engine Name: exactly the same name should be specified as in Configuration Import Engine dialog.
- In section “Projects” click “Add” link:
- In section Projects in newly added row in “Workspace Path” specify the path to the folder that contains RSA project
- In section Projects in newly added row in “Name of Project to Import” specify the name of RSA project to be imported
5. Click “Save” button
In case of success you will see “Saved Successfully” message box.
- Click “File” and then select “Request Import” menu item
2. On the loaded page click “Request Import” button
3. You will see the following message box
4. Click “Import Status” link in this message box. “Import Status” page will be loaded. Depending on the model size different stages will be visible on this page. In case of success the status will look like
NOTE: You can see “Completed with Warning” progress instead of “Completed”. You can see the warnings by hovering over “Completed with Warning” link.
NOTE: You can modify model in RSA, save it and then request the import once again. There is no need to create a new import definition. The requested import will update model stored on the server.
NOTE: If you want to delete all imported results, you need to open “Import Definition” page and click “Delete Import Definition and Data” button.