SAML is the authentication mechanism that is required for the exchange of data between SAP and the Rational Connector. It’s like two people exchanging keys to each other’s houses. Without the address of the other person’s house, the key can’t be used.
Steps to configure the Server Side for SAML authentication:
- Log on to the IBM Rational Connector.
- Click on Manage SAML Certificates. Update SAML issuer name.
- Export the certificate from the Rational Connector. This will generate a certificate named ConnectorSAML.crt file.
- Import the certificate into SAP Solution Manager.
- Be sure to un-check SAML 2.0 for the provider you just added. It should only support SAML 1.1
- Export the SAML certificate from Solution Manager to generate a Trust certificate.
Example: Trust ManagerSAML.crt
- Import the SAP Trust Certificate into the Rational Connector.
- Restart the IBM Rational Connector.