It''s becoming more and more common for secure websites to use stronger encryption. That's fine but when recording SSL traffic with Rational Performance Tester that stronger encryption level can prevent RPT from recording traffic from that site.
The solution is to install java policy files that allow use of the stronger encryption methods. This is explained in the the technote Enabling Strong encryption greater than 128 bit key lengths in Rational Performance Tester. The technote gives a starting link on how to download the policy files but in practice it's become more convoluted.
I'll walk you through the steps. The technote would have you start with step 1. But you can start with step 4.
1. The first link in the technote takes you to this link https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/security/
From here click on the Java SE 6 link
2.That goes to the link Security Reference for IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 6
From here click on IBM SDK Policy Files
3. That goes to the link IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 6
From here click on first ibm.com link under SR15
4. That goes the link Unrestricted SDK JCE policy files
From here select Files for Java 5.0 SR16, Java 6 SR13, Java 6 SR5 (J9 VM2.6), Java 7 SR4, and all later releases and click on Continue
5. That goes to the link Unrestricted SDK JCE policy files
From here click on I agree and then I confirm
6. This goes yet to another link Unrestricted SDK JCE policy files
Make sure it says
Unrestricted JCE Policy files for the IBM SDK for Java
Then click on Download now
7. It should download the following file
02/20/2015 03:08 PM 4,095 unrestrictedpolicyfiles.zip
8. Unzip the file and if it confirm it contains these two files with the same date and size as this
Directory of C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\unrestrictedpolicyfiles
02/20/2015 03:09 PM <DIR> .
02/20/2015 03:09 PM <DIR> ..
10/12/2012 10:11 AM 2,253 local_policy.jar
10/12/2012 10:11 AM 2,240 US_export_policy.jar
9. Apply these files per the technote Enabling Strong encryption greater than 128 bit key lengths in Rational Performance Tester.