IBM Rational Education (IBMRationalUE on YouTube) has been busy recently, building a solid five part series covering the varying aspects of integrating Rational Focal Point with Rational Solution for CLM. This five part video series shows you how to:
- Configure the integration between IBM Rational Focal Point and Rational Solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM)
- Publish business needs to the Requirement Management and Change and Configuration Management applications
- Check the progress of the business needs
Integrating IBM Rational Focal Point v6.5.2 with Rational Solution for CLM Applications, Part 1 of 5- Part 1 shows you how to set up a workspace, add members to a workspace, and assign roles to users.
Integrating IBM Rational Focal Point v6.5.2 with Rational Solution for CLM Applications, Part 2 of 5- The second part of this demonstration shows you how to:
- Register Rational Focal Point as an incoming consumer in the CLM server
- Establish the connection with the CLM server in Rational Focal Point
- Configure attributes for storing CLM artifacts in Rational Focal Point
- Add view commands for bulk operation
Integrating IBM Rational Focal Point v6.5.2 with Rational Solution for CLM Applications, Part 3 of 5- The third part of this demonstration shows how to:
- Add Rational Focal Point as an outbound friend in Rational Solution for CLM
- Configure consumer authentication
- Configure the preview view for published elements
Integrating IBM Rational Focal Point v6.5.2 with Rational Solution for CLM Applications, Part 4 of 5- The fourth part of this demonstration show you how to:
- Add business needs in Rational Focal Point
- Create and approve the project proposals for implementation
- Create requirements from business needs
- Change status of the requirements in the Requirement Management applications
- Check progress of requirements in Rational Focal Point
Integrating IBM Rational Focal Point v6.5.2 with Rational Solution for CLM Applications, Part 5 of 5- Part 5 of this demonstration series shows how to:
- Publish the project proposal with the business needs to the Change and Configuration Management Application
- Change the state of work items in the Change and Configuration Management Application
- Track Progress
- Generate Reports
The On-Demand Demo Guy has been BUSY! Lots of good stuff including this:
This demo focuses on the integration between IBM® Rational® DOORS® and
IBM® Rational® Quality Manager®. This is a new OSLC integration,
introduced in Rational DOORS version 9.4. During this demonstration
you will learn how the integration provides immediate benefits such as:
- Ensuring that all requirements are tested.
- Ensuring that all tests are based on requirements.
- Monitoring requirement changes by indentifying and clearing suspicions
- Assessing the impact of change
- Assessing the project via Statement of Quality and Traceability reports
Rational training and certificationhttp://www-01.ibm.com/software/rational/education/
DOORS online help documentation
There are new videos available on IBM Education Assistant for Rational. Included is an installation video for Rational Directory Server, and new videos covering how to upgrade ClearCase and ClearQuest in order to utilize WebSphere Application Server v8.0. Check out videos below.
Rational Directory Server
Rational ClearCase and Rational ClearQuest
Your feedback helps us improve. You can find the feedback form on the category pages for your product and version. The feedback form is quick and easy. Leave comments and let us know if these demonstrations help you achieve your goals.
What is IBM Education Assistant? IBM Education Assistant is a collection of multimedia educational modules designed to help you gain a better understanding of IBM software products and use them more effectively to meet your business requirements.
How about some nice summer reading while those earlier product bits you grabbed finish downloading and installing... The following articles went live on developerWorks Rational this week:
Adopt and automate proven processes with Rational and Jazz tools, Part 2
By Ricardo Balduino, Senior Software Engineer, IBM, USA
Ricardo Balduino describes how to take a process already defined in Rational Method Composer and automate it in Rational Team Concert. This makes it far easier and faster to adopt proven patterns of success and also makes it possible to ensure that people follow them.
Products: Rational Method Composer, Rational Team Concert
Automate testing of Flex Spark apps with Rational Functional Tester 8.2.1
By Richa Awasthy, Staff Software Engineer, IBM, Australia
Richa Awasthy gives an overview of Rational Functional Tester Version 8.2.1 support for Flex 4.0 and 4.1 SDKs. Then she explains how to automate testing of Flex Spark applications.
Product: Rational Functional Tester
Quick steps to install Rational Change 5.2 on a Tomcat server
By Pradeep K. Shashidhar, Advisory Software Engineer, IBM, India
IBM Rational Change 5.2 includes the Jetty 5.1.14 web server, and you can also deploy it with IBM WebSphere Application Server or WebSphere Application Server Community Edition. However, there is no option in the installer to deploy Rational Change on a Tomcat server. This article explains how to do that.
Product: Rational Change
This week we are also highlighting the following items on the developerWorks Rational
home page and product pages that you may find of interest.
Summer is speeding by! Staying busy covering for your coworkers while they are out on vacation, or on vacation yourself, you may have missed some of these important downloads over the past three weeks. So, take this quiet summer Friday, grab a cup of coffee, and check out the following Rational downloads which have been released over the past few weeks since July 9th, 2012:
image credit: (cc) Some rights reserved by barnoid
Once you have access to the IBM Rational License Key Center Website (as described in our prior blog post here) and if you are looking at activating your Rational Product you are required to generate a license from the License Key Center Website.
There are various license models available to be used for different products namely:
Activation Kits: Activation if you own Authorized User licenses
If you purchased an Authorized User license of the products listed above, you simply need to obtain and install an "activation kit" for your product that will convert it to a non-expiring version. Activation kits are product-specific (they are not host-specific like Rational license keys). This means if you own multiple licenses of one of the products, you only need one activation kit and you can use it on any machine where the product is installed.
For more information on Product Activation of Eclipse-based Rational products please refer the technote below:
An IBM Rational Floating license is a license for a single software product that can be shared among multiple team members; however, the total number of concurrent users cannot exceed the number of Floating licenses you purchase. For example, if you purchased one Floating license for an IBM Rational product, then any user in your organization may use the product at any given time. Any other person who wants to access the product must wait until the original user logs off.
For more information on Floating Licenses refer the technote below:
ATRIA License (Specific to IBM Rational ClearCase):
Rational ClearCase Atria licenses uses a proprietary floating license scheme. To use ClearCase, you must obtain a license, which grants the privilege to use ClearCase on any host served by the same license server.
The license server component is installed with a Rational ClearCase server installation; it cannot be installed separately or as a license server only. The full installation of ClearCase is required in order to serve out ClearCase licenses, and there is no separate license server program. ClearCase is required in order to serve out ClearCase licenses, and there is no separate license server program.
For more information about Rational ClearCase Atria Licensing refer the technote below:
Now let us explore the steps to generate the Floating license keys:
1. Navigate to IBM Rational License Key Center Website at: http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/licensing/ and Log into the Rational License Key Center
2. Log in with your credentials
3. Click on Get Keys in the left navigation pane under section My License Keys
4. Select the desired product from the Product line list
5. Select the type of license key that you need to generate from the list displayed
6. Check (Select) the respective check box and Next
7. Provide the quantity of license keys that you need to generate
8. If your license server is already registered in the License Key Center website
Select it from Existing hosts; else leave default
9. Select the Host ID Type from the drop down
10. Enter the value for Host ID
Disk Serial Number is 8 characters
Ethernet Address is 12 characters
No special character allowed
11. Enter the Hostname of the system
12. Select the appropriate value for Server Configuration:
-Single Server License: If the license key you are generating is for one license server
-3 Redundant License Servers: If the license key you are generating is for redundant license server setup
13. Enter respective section of Hostname, HostID for the Secondary and Tertiary systems
14. Click Generate
15. Once the license keys is generated then click on Download License Keys.
16. Transfer the license key to the system where it needs to be imported to the License Key Server
For more information on How to generate a Rational Floating license key please refer the technote below:
For Product Activation Kits, please select the product line and choose the appropriate Product Activation Kit, please remember the activation kits are version dependent and host Independent, click on the activation kit and download the zip file on the machine which has the product and activate the product.
For more information on How to Activate the product activation kit, please refer the technote below:
Reference today's prior blog post for information on "How to get access to the Rational License Key Center Website to obtain Rational"
Author: Kushagra Sharma
New to your enterprise, want to get accustomed to the Rational Portfolio that your enterprise uses but you do not know how to start?
Any project that is taken up by an enterprise or an organization needs the knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to see success. Each of these tools requires them to be licensed so that there is an authentic and a transparent way to deliver the project seamlessly.
Almost all IBM Rational products require license keys in order to run them. Others give the option of using license keys as a way of controlling usage within an enterprise. The IBM Rational License Key Center is a web service that allows for the generation and management of rational license keys.
To begin with, let us understand on how we can access your IBM Rational Software License Keys.
Every Organization who is entitled to use the IBM Rational tools has a Primary Site Contact or a Site Technical Contact.
Who is a Primary Site Contact?
- Usually the individual who orders the software or who is the “sold to” contact in your company.
- The person who receives the Proof of Entitlement Certificate (PoE) for each order.
- The default person authorized to access the IBM Software and Services download site and the Rational License Key Center.
- The only person who can change site contacts, manage access, and assign up to four Secondary Primary Site Contacts to assist with account management. A Primary Site Contact can delegate a Secondary Primary Site Contact to approve user access to the download site.
Who is a Site Technical Contact?
The person responsible for the support relationship with IBM . This person ensures that users understand how to work with IBM technical support.
The default contact in the Rational License Key Center.
The person who receives the IBM Customer Number (ICN) and who can provide the ICN to users to access IBM technical support.
The person who authorizes users to access the IBM Service Request (SR) site to submit and manage support cases.
The person who delegates responsibilities to Secondary Site Technical Contacts. You can have a maximum of nine Secondary Site Technical Contacts.
In simple words they are the designated Special Point of Contacts (SPOCs) for your respective organization(s).
If you are unsure on whom the Primary Site Contact or Site Technical Contact is, please Send email inquiry to the IBM eCustomer Care Team that supports your geography. Include your IBM Site ID along with your inquiry. The email address for the IBM eCustomer Care team can be found here: https://www-112.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/paocustomer/docs/en_US/ecare.html
- If you are the Primary Site Contact or the Site Technical Contact for the Passport Advantage account, you are automatically assigned as a default member of the Rational License Key Center Account. You receive a Welcome email from email@example.com Follow the instruction in the email to access your account for the first time.
- If you cannot locate your Welcome email, proceed to the Rational License Key Center
(https://licensing.subscribenet.com/control/ibmr/login ). Click the "Forgot your password?" link to resend the Welcome email that contains instructions to create your password.
Note: Some times the email might land up either in your Spam folder or may have been blocked by your network firewall, in this case please make sure that the email firstname.lastname@example.org is added as an exception in your network, you may want to contact your network administrator in this case.
- If you are not the Primary Site Contact or Site Technical Contact, you must request to be added as a member of a Rational License Key Center account. Contact your Site Contacts to request access. Either Site Contact can manually add you to the account.
- You can also add yourself as a member of your company's License Key Center account:
1. Navigate to the IBM Rational License Key Center. http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/licensing/toIntraware.html
2. On the License Key Center login page, click the "Don't have a password?" link.
3. Enter your contact information and the IBM Site Number. Also, enter the Sales order number if you have it. The Primary Site Technical Contact has this information in the IBM Proof of Entitlement (PoE) certificate.
a) Submitting without a Sales order number will invoke an authorization process for your account. The email response from the Licensing Key Center might not be immediate.
b) When entering the Sales order number along with the Site number, authorization is not required. You receive a Welcome email right away.
4. After account creation, you receive a Welcome email from email@example.com
5. Log in to the License Key Center. The first time logging in to the License Key Center requires that you change the password.
You can also refer the below tech-note for more details: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21250433
A new white paper is available that covers security testing for your Rational Application Developer applications!
Abstract: This white paper focuses on the integration of IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD) and IBM Security AppScan Source Edition with Developer plug-in. The article provides insight on Rational Application Developer, Security AppScan Source, and the integration. The article covers how install the Security AppScan Source Developer plug-in and use the integration with Rational Application Developer.
Released: July 19, 2012
G Kiran K Singh
During August and September, we will be conducting a Customer
Orientation Webcast series, geared specifically for our new Green Hat
clients, but open for anyone to attend.
We are inviting you to
attend our August/Sept Customer Orientation Webcast series, and to help
ensure that you get the maximum utilization out of your IBM products.
During this informative 45 minute presentation and Q&A, we'll explain how to:
Obtain the most out of your IBM Support experience. We will walk you through FAQs, tech bulletins, forums and much more.
We will discuss/demo how you can create cases, update existing
cases, escalate cases, generate case reports and submit enhancement
requests using the IBM Support Website.
we'll also discuss the high level of service you can expect from our existing customer care program.
If you know any people in your organization that are involved in
administration or utilization of any Green Hat products, please let them
know about this webcast that can be helpful in introducing them to IBM
We look forward to meeting you at our next webcast!
This webcast will take place weekly Aug 15-Sept 30, on a rotating schedule to accommodate all time zones. You need only attend one session at a time convenient for you.
There is a new video available on IBM Education Assistant for Rational. It is another video for Rational Developer for System z 8.5. This is an addition to the big collection of new RDz videos we told you about in June. RDz users: Enjoy!
Rational Developer for System z
Your feedback helps us improve. You can find the feedback form on
the category pages for your product and version. The feedback form is
quick and easy.
Leave comments and let us know if these demonstrations help you achieve
is IBM Education Assistant? IBM Education Assistant is a collection of
multimedia educational modules designed to help you gain a better
understanding of IBM software products and use them more effectively to
meet your business requirements.