AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (470)
Here's the most recent list of the latest and greatest downloads which have gone live from Rational Support since our last post on March 5th! These links below are provided to help you find the fixes you need in order to stay up to date and successful with your Rational products.... And don't forget to check out the downloads tag to see any of the fixes you may have previously missed:
image credit: (c) 2012 WaywardCelt Photography
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (594)
Clearcase Version Importer: Migrate to Rational Team Concert Source Control Management- A new, simpler tool for importing ClearCase version history into Rational Team Concert (RTC) was introduced in RTC 4.0.5. This is a new stand-alone tool that does not require ClearCase synchronization to be set up to use it. This presentation will first provide an overview of the difference between ClearCase and RTC SCM, then talk about the new migration tool and its enhanced capability in upcoming RTC release. You will understand how the tool can help you migrating the data successfully and it concludes with a live demo of the migration tool.
Sumant Renukarya 270002B42N Visits (408)
There was this situation where the end user was trying to configure automated builds in Rational Team Concert (RTC) 4.0.5, but was unable to get it to work.
They had scheduled the builds to run at a specific time everyday but it never used to run. Here is the screenshot of their scheduler configuration.
However, manual builds used to work just fine after configuring the Build Engine to run as Windows scheduled task on their RTC build server.
Build scheduled task used the same Windows account which is the owner of Build workspace and they couldn't identify what was wrong.
Essentially, it's not suffice just to mention 'Everyday' along with the build time. It's required to select all Build days as well, as shown in the screenshot here.
Open the build definition in question from Eclipse client.
Go to 'schedule' tab; Here one should select the 'Build Time' and 'Select All' for the build days as shown in the screenshot.
Then save. Now the scheduled build works just fine and this was the missing thing here.
AcdntlPoet 2700019V2G Visits (957)
Develop and Deploy Software in the Cloud with JazzHub- JazzHub, IBM's web application that enables users to collaborate with others to plan, track, and develop software in the cloud, is constantly evolving. In this session, Lauren Schaefer (a web developer for JazzHub) will walk you through JazzHub's latest and greatest features.
For a list of links mentioned during the webinar, visi
PearlVijay 27000610XR Visits (599)
Yes - I agree this is no "breaking news" but lately Rational Support has come across a good number of enquiries on upgrading from 6.x to 7.x
So, if "upgrade" is in your agenda - then this one's for you.
Upgrade Advisor (if you're planning an upgrade to 7.2)
Technote 7021593 contains an upgrade advisor that can be executed in a Synergy 6.5 SP2, 6.6a, 7.0, 7.1 or a 7.1 database. Note that direct upgrade to 7.2 is only supported from 7.0, 7.1 or 7.1a.
However, if you are using an earlier release, you may still want to use the upgrade advisor described in this document to plan and prepare for upgrade to 7.2 via an intermediate release such as 7.1.
Intermediate upgrades: From 6.5 to 7.2
- If you're trying to upgrade from Rational Synergy 6.5 SP1 to 7.2, there are intermediate upgrades that are required. The reason being, certain dependant binary files are bundled in releases after 6.5 & prior to 7.2 which are needed for 7.2 to be fully fuctional in your environment.
- You will first have to upgrade from Rational Synergy 6.5 SP1 to 6.5 SP2 Patch 09, then, to Rational Synergy 7.1 (220.127.116.11 preferably), and finally to 7.2
Note: If you don't need ccm_copy_tools for old archive support or objectmake, then you could skip the 6.5-SP2-09 step, and just upgrade the databases directly to 7.1 (2 steps instead of 3). However, it will be better if you takes all 3 steps.
Intermediate upgrades: From 6.4 to 7.2
- If you're on 6.4 SP1, you can directly upgrade to Synergy 7.1 (and then upgrade to V7.2)
- Upgrades of Rational Synergy releases prior to 6.4 are not supported by Release 7.1. To upgrade from a pre-6.4 release, you need to upgrade to one of the releases that is supported by Release 7.1 (that is, 6.4, 6.5, or 7.0), and then upgrade to Release 7.1
V7.1 General Information
V7.2 General Information
- System Requirements for Rational Synergy
These reports, available from the Software Compatibility Reports (SPCR) tool, provide detailed information about hardware and software requirements for a specific operating system. It also includes an option to run the report by component for all supported operating systems.
Release Notes for Fix Packs
· Rational Synergy 18.104.22.168 Technote 4025489
· Rational Synergy 22.214.171.124 Technote 4027960
· Rational Synergy 126.96.36.199 Technote 7021878
· Rational Synergy 188.8.131.52 Technote 4030236
· Rational Synergy 184.108.40.206 Tech
· Rational Synergy 220.127.116.11 Technote 4032607
· Rational Synergy 18.104.22.168 Technote 4033509
· Rational Synergy 22.214.171.124 Technote 4029973
· Rational Synergy 126.96.36.199 Technote 4031829
· Rational Synergy 188.8.131.52 Technote 4032986
· Rational Synergy 184.108.40.206 Technote 4034180
· Rational Synergy 7.2.1 Technote 4035314