Fastest registration line EVER. I
zipped in, and zipped right out with my badge. Good job,
Keynote session was full, and I had to
watch it from one of the overflow ballrooms.
Peter Sondergaard, global head of
Gartner Research, provided the opening comments, and then we heard
from Gartner analysts: Daryl Plummer, Hung LeHong, and Tina Nunno.
- Information is the oil of the 21st
century, and analytics is the combustion engine.
- Cloud, social, information, and
mobile – is the new nexus. Other architectures will become
- Public cloud services will grow
five times faster than IT enterprise spending, 19 percent annually
- Companies that use leading risk
indicators will outperform their competitors.
- A post modern business rethinks
the status quo and embraces relationships with its customers,
suppliers, and partners.
- IT must embrace phrases like
customer delight, customer involvement, customer intimacy.
- Cloud computing is hard to deny,
at 19 percent growth (refers to a previous quote).
- Three out of 10 businesses will
become cloud service brokers, and that's how they will survive.
- Businesses need to transform,
rethink IT, and embrace creative destruction.
- Managing destruction is just as
important as managing creation. When you get back to work, go
You can read more about the Gartner
Opening Keynote here.