.Net technology is one of the key development platforms from Microsoft and widely used across the development community all around the world. WebSphere MQ provides the universal messaging and integration which essentially means that Websphere MQ provides connectivity and integration on almost all hardware and Operating system. It also supports almost all the existing development platforms for application development like Java, C, C++, Cobol, .Net/C# etc.
Talking about support of .Net technology in Websphere MQ - WebSphere MQ provides full support to .Net technology which basically means that application developers can write their application in .net/C# technology and connect to WebSphere MQ for sending and receiving messages via MQ. WebSphere MQ provides three different .Net client libraries for Application development in .Net/C#. These are as following -
3. MQ Custom channel for WCF : This is WCF based and could be used for Web services like application development and connectivity to applications hosted on WebSphere MQ.
- MQ Classes for .Net : Detailed information can be found at - http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp
- Messaging Service Clients for .Net : Detailed information can be found at - http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp
- WebSphere MQ Solutions in a Microsoft .NET Environment : http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247012.html
- WebSphere MQ Clients - http://www-01.ibm.com/software/integration/wmq/clients/