The instructions below outline how to download and install RSA 7.5.4 and the MDM Workbench from either Passport Advantage (IBM Customers) or XL Downloads (internal IBM users). Note that both IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management Server V9.0 and IBM InfoSphere Master Information Hub V9.0 contain a workbench with tools to extend and add new entities as well as for generating user interfaces, the instructions below apply to both products. IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management Server for Product Information Management V9.0.0 also contains the User Interface Generator part of the workbench tools, this comes in a "workbench" folder on the main media file and the instructions below for installing the Workbench will also work for Product Information Management.To download and Install Rational Software Architect 7.5:
- Search for part number "CR9NEML" or "IBM Rational Software Architect for WebSphere", you should download all of the images for this product:
IBM Rational Software Architect for WebSphere V7.5.4 Multilingual Multiplatform eAssembly (Core) (CR9NEML)
Size 20 Images (8,449.5mb)
Date posted 25-Sep-2009
- These will all be downloaded as tar.gz files, extract these
- Open the folder "RSA4WS_SETUP" and run the launchpad.exe file following the onscreen prompts
To download the Workbench (version 9.0.0):
- Search for the part number "CZC7AML" (MDM) or "CZC7BEN" (MIH), this should return one result
- Download this file, it will be a tar.gz file. Extract the files from the archive, you should have several files and folders which include a file named "MDMWorkbench.zip"
As discussed above the Workbench is included in two products, the first being IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management Server, Version 9.0 (part numbers CRA0WML, CRA0VML, CRA0YML or CRA0XML depending on hardware configuration and usage style), the other is IBM InfoSphere Master Information Hub (part number CRA10EN or CRA0ZEN depending on hardware configuration). Note that in order to use the Workbench to set up the development environment to extend one of these products it will also be necessary to download the main product file (this will be the part who's name matches the name of the product - either Master Data Management Server or Master Information Hub) . The main product file will contain the MDM900_WAS_AIX.tar.gz file that is used to set up the development environment as described in the MDM Workbench white paper. It is not necessary to download the main product file if you are just developing user interface applications using the User Interface Generator.
To install the MDM Workbench into RSA version 7.5:
Note: Use these new part numbers to download version 9.0.1
- Open RSA and select the menu item "Help" -> "Software Updates"
- Click the "Available Software" tab
- Click "Add Site..." button
- Click "Archive" button
- Navigate to the "MDMWorkbench.zip" file
- Expand the jar:file:... entry on the left hand side and then check the features that you require
- Click the "Install..." button
- Click Next
- Read and accept license and click finish
- Restart RSA when prompted to do so