Group Calendar for Daisuke
Group Calendar for Daisuke
Daisuke works in a sales department of JCN (Japan Communication Networks), a large IT company which provides IT solutions. He is in charge of manufacturing companies including car manufacturers.
Over ten JCN System Engineers are stationed at Honma's IT Section. Daisuke and his colleague deal with the contract of these engineers, and also other business with Honma’s IT Manager on SW and HW products.
He lives in Makuhari-city in Chiba with his wife ,and commuting to his office at Tokyo takes 1 hour.
Usually, he meets with his customer at HQ of Honma Motors face to face two or three times a week, but if his client calls, he goes to Honma Motors anytime.
Daisuke’s Work Goals
As a salesman of the IT Company, his main job is to coordinate providing the solution for IT sections manager's problems and to contribute to sales. For this objective, he provide information about JCM's new product and best practices, proposes some solution services and developing plan based on Honma's IT strategy.
He creates weekly work reports of customer support team and to present to Honma IT Manager.
By this procedure, Daisuke gets agreement of their works. On the other hand, he is managing customer's expectation and satisfaction, and then he is trying to keep good relationship.
His interpersonal work goals include:
Staying in touch with customers and Customer support team, obtaining reliance of a customer continuously. As a result, he contributes to the sales for th company. For this objective, he needs to know what kind of talents in JCN for solving problem in Honma It Section. Keeping a relationship with these talents is a one of the important goals for Daisuke.
Daisuke is responsible for
- Attending a weekly work plan meeting with customer support team members, and he reports achievements of the previous week, and work plan for the week, and gets agreement from Honma's IT manager.
- Billing service and support for the month.
- Every Monday, he attends a weekly sales team meeting, reporting the week plan and the status of business regarding Honma Motors.
- Making a sales plan and monthly report for the next month and sends to the manager at the end of the month.
- Coordinating a team of specialists to create proposal for solutions to archive Honma's future goal.
- Coordinating to create a development plan and specifications, selection of vendors.
- Collecting information on new products and best practices relating Honma's IT strategy, and providing them to the customer timely.
- Participating in or inviting people to events such as; Year-end party, New Year’s party, Cherry blossom party, KARAOKE party and Golf competition in order to make a strong relationship.
- Finding a person who sits in his position, if he needs to take a vacation.
Daisuke spends three days in a week at the customer's office and other days he works at his JCM Office.
He checks his Notes mails first thing in the morning. Then he opens Notes DB of his section's calendar to check the schedule of others who work with him.
When he works at his office, he always adds detailed schedule information to show where he is.
If some one calls Daisuke while he is not at his desk, another person in the office will answer the call for him. This person will then call or send e-mail to Daisuke's mobile phone telling there was a call and what the business was.
He and his coworker who are in charge of Honma tell each other where they are to prepare for customer's urgent call.
He meets with his customer at HQ of Honma Motors face to face three times a week, and he checks if there is any problem in the installed product and service, and he checks new requirements.
Basically, bringing out PC from his office is prohibited.
Daisuke uses an IBM Thinkpad X40 laptop which was prepared by his company and he can't change PC's configuration and install other software without a IT Department's agreement.
The IT department loaded it with the following:
- Lotus Notes 7 clients with mail, calendar and contacts. Mainly he is using Notes Mail. For scheduling, he is using a personal calendar which syncs with a group calendar by Notes DB provided from JCN IT Section.(He is a bit frustrated with a Group calendar compared to Cyboze, which can see the detail information in his related group and contact point at calendar entries.)
- The following Lotus Notes Databases Links are placed in Desktop. He has no local replicas because he can not bring out PC from his office easily.
- Group calendar "Business Unit 1": This Group calendar includes 15 sales team members and BU1's secretary calendars. Members of this calendar do not change except organization change.
- Honma Support Team calendar: This Group calendar includes over 10 system engineers and 2 sales persons. According to the project plan, members will be added or deleted.
- BU1 Knowledge Share DB: Information sharing of the common information in the sales team, the solution of the trouble in the customer's project, etc.
- Product Information DB: Marketing departments owns and updates new product information such as brochures.
- Application form management DB: Variety of application forms are placed here.
- Sales management DB: Sales department owns and updates monthly sales report etc.
- Attendance management DB: Human resource department owns. Employee reports attendance.
- IE 6.0 SP2（Daisuke uses the train mainly, and he is saving the bookmark of a timetable.）
- Microsoft Word 2002（It is used for filling in application forms.）
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002.（He prepares proposals.）
He is using USB memory with a security protection which approved by JCN IT section.
Recently, Daisuke purchased a house at Makuhari-city in Chiba, lives with his wife and a dog "Taro". He commutes by train every day. Commuting time is too long, and then he uses his mobile phone to read the news on the web and listens to the music.
Photo: Taro sleeping in the living room. (Mary Beth says: I think Taro is cuter than Fred's pugs).