Hi all, John Lance here. You may remember me from such past blog postings as "Collecting Calendar Scenarios" and "15 Secrets I'm Not Supposed to Share With Anyone" (teaser: That so-called "secret sauce" ain't no secret no more.)
Moving right along...
With 8.0 just out the door we figured we'd tip our hand and give you a few quick peaks at some of the things we've got cued up for 8.01. So, without further ado (and taken from the latest and greatest 8.01 build) I give you:
1. The new mail quota reminder. Note the sleek lines, smooth shading, and nice overall effect. Samantha will be feeling right at home with this subtle reminder that she's creaping ever closer to the horrifying shackles of mail jail (poor, sweet, innocent, about to do hard time, Samantha).
The indicator appears at the top of your navigator and then when Samantha moves her mouse of it she gets a nice hover (on the right).
2. Ted will be feeling quite worldly with his secondary timezones. The alignment of the times at the top of the row is based on feedback from this blog and helps make it easier to compare/contrast the times.
The secondary timezones appear both in the main calendar (on left) and side calendar (on the right). He has the option to hide them in either.
3. Our week numbering footer makes Betty all the rage as she can now count down weeks, days, or months. And yes, that is an option for ISO numbering you see peeking out from her preference panel.
4. Ted can now grow his network with the single click of button as he selects some recent contacts and moves them directly into his My Contacts. Say hello to the world Teddy!
And there's even more stuff in the works that I'll post more screenshots of in the coming weeks. Things like:
- A refreshed look to our To Dos
- An improved blog template with a smoother, more Samantha friendly experience.
- A warning when you delete non-meeting entries from your calendar (complete with a "Don't prompt me again" preference).
- Secondary calendar support (Hijiri, Hebrew, and Japanese six-day).
- A dialog to allow for the automatic updating of the folder designs.
- The ability to open documents in a new window.
- ...and undoubtedly things that have slipped my mind.