Welcome to the first 2016 LE z/VSE blog entry!
With this first 2016 blog entry I want to introduce a new feature I have been working on for awhile that is now ready for its initial release.
The "LE z/VSE Addons Run-Time Library" is a small set of functions that will provide extensions to the existing LE z/VSE library functionality. They are compatible with each of the LE z/VSE high level language compilers though they are written internally using a mixture of LE-conforming assembler and C/VSE routines. Each have been constructed in such a way that they can be used by each of the available LE z/VSE conforming compilers and also by LE-enabled assembler routines.
In this initial release there are three main functions available. The documentation in the zip file that can be downloaded contains comprehensive information and documentation on each of the functions, how they can be used and examples using each of the LE-conforming language compilers. For reference here is a short list and description of the available functions:
1. gettimeofday - Returns the current time, expressed as seconds and microseconds since 00:00:00 January 1, 1970 (UNIX/ANSI-C Epoch), Universal Time Coordinated (UTC/GMT).
2. ftime - Returns the current time in the number of seconds since 00:00:00 Universal Time Coordinated (UTC), January 1, 1970 (epoch) to the nearest millisecond.
3. __getsym - Obtains the current value, if any, of a provided symbol name that has previously been set via the // SETPARM JCL statement.
In addition the the above new functions, the initial release of the LE z/VSE Addons Run-time Library includes a number of optional supporting routines that will enable users of COBOL/VSE, PLI/VSE and LE-enabled
assembler programs to extract the most from the above functions. These additional routines are :
1. ftime__ - Takes two parameters from a caller (including the output from an ftime() call) and returns a return-code result and a character string representation of the converted (documented LE/C run-time ctime() library function output) input contents.
2. ctime__ - Takes two parameters from a caller (including the output from a gettimeofday() call) and returns a return-code result and a character string representation of the formatted (documented LE/C run-time ctime() library function output) input contents.
3. tmestamp - Takes two parameters from a caller (including the output from a gettimeofday() call) and returns a return-code result and a character string conforming to the ISO 8601:2000 standard of the converted (documented ctime() LE/C run-time library function) local time including microseconds.
Below is the link to download the zip file that contains a "readme" for initial information (please read first), a "Users Guide" manual (includes installation instructions) in PDF format and an "aws" virtual tape image of the sub-library that can be restored to your system.
Download Link : LEzVSE_Addons_Package.zip