Users of CEETRACE V1.2.0 (z/VSE 5.1) can now download the latest CEETRACE feature update comprising of Fix-Pack "C".
Some of the high-lights included in this fix-pack are :
● COBOL paragraph over-head performance improvement. Skip the majority of CEETRACE trace processing when a COBOL/VSE paragraph label has been detected (ported from CEETRACE V1.2.1 for z/VSE 5.2).
● Ensure correct offset values are displayed in the execution trace report for COBOL/VSE paragraph statements.
● Detect tight iterative loops of 10 language statements wide or less. Use an optimised trace detail gathering execution process when detected. This optimised processing will be deactivated if any of the "auto_rprt" options are activated.
● Allow CPU time consumption report to be included in the execution trace report when CEL4RPRT is called by a user application call.
● Correct system hard-wait 0FFF (SYSTEM ENTERED HARD WAIT <=== PROGRAM-CHECK IN SUPERVISOR) from D CEE,CEETRACE command if issued after CEETRACE environment initialisation failed due to message "CEL4058E CEEBINT module found does not verify. CEETRACE disabled."
● Whenever either of the "auto_rprt_epn" or "auto_rprt" options are set to "off" or "no" using the attention routine operator commands the other related option will automatically also be deactivated.
● Improvements to the excluded or included partitions option scanning.
● Correct processing for the AR command "S CEE,CEETRACE=RELOAD" so that corruption of the CEETRACE control blocks does not occur. Ensure reloading of CEETRACE.INI file options is performed correctly.
Download the fix-pack zip file from the following link: CEETRACE V1.2.0 Fix-pack C