Attention everyone... T minus 17 days to Information on Demand 2009. I can't believe it is almost here!
So for my next IOD post I am going to cover the always popular Bookstore and Support Tools and Resources Demos.
My coworker and fellow blogger, Susan Visser, is the Publishing Program Manager for Information Management. As always, she'll be at the bookstore at IOD ready to point you in the direction of the books you need on your shelf - you know, the ones that will help you out when you've hit a wall programming, or ones that give you tips to get certified, or even the ones about new topics you want to learn about.
Highlights of the IOD 2009 Bookstore include:
- Book signing by Malcolm Gladwell, author of Outliers, Blink and The Tipping Point.
- New IBM Press Books, including the following:
- DB2 pureXML Cookbook: Master the Power of the IBM Hybrid Data Server
- Fine-Tuning the Business of Information Technology: A Practical Guide to Optimizing Your IT Budget
- Dynamic SOA and BPM
- IBM SOA Foundation
- Viral Data in SOA: An Enterprise Pandemic
- The Greening of IT
- and more!
The Support Tools and Resources Demos are the place to be if you want to learn about IBM Electronic Support (aka IBM eSupport) and the new IBM Support Portal. Learn from the experts who will highlight online Support tools and resources including the Support Knowledge Base, documentation, proactive alerts and notifications, fix pack downloads, the Electronic Service Request tool and more. Plus learn how you can personalize the IBM Support Portal to your products and interests.
Demos are available:
- Thursday 12:30 - Tour, Try and Talk About The New IBM Support Portal (BOF-2838)
- Thursday 1:30 - How can I resolve my problems faster using IBM Electronic Support? (TOD-2643)
Oh yes... and here's the tip! Visit the Skills Hub to pick up a copy of a DB2 Skills DVD packed with resources, games, and software. Visit early because last year these DVDs were gone quickly!