Show off your Information Management Professional Certifications with NEW premium certificates and wallet cards! The premium certificates are printed on an ultra-fine parchment paper and are officially embossed with the platinum seal of the Professional Certification Program from IBM. Included with the certificate is a newly designed wallet card. This new sleek card displays your name and certification title, demonstrating your status as an IBM Certified Professional.
You can choose to print certificates and wallet cards for certifications you earned prior to this announcement. Print more than one and save on shipping!
Check out the new certificate and eStore on the IBM Professional Certification Member Site.
If you live in or near my homebase of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, this post will be of interest to you!
On July 7th, IBM Business Partners and clients are invited to 3600 Steeles Avenue, Markham from 9:00am to 4:00pm to get certified at 50% off. You'll pay only $100USD for courses from across the entire Information Management portfolio. For a complete list of exams, please visit ibm.com/certify. Visit ibm.com/software/data/education to get prepared before exam day with a variety of preparation guides, tutorials and assessment exams.
Pre-registration is required for this event by contacting the event coordinator at email@example.com.
Best of luck on certification day!
Take your InfoSphere MDM Server skills to the next level with this new IM Certification! This test (Exam 420) will demonstrate your ability to configure and deploy InfoSphere MDM Server v9.0 in a development workstation along with being able to customize the data model and develop custom services through the use of the InfoSphere MDM Server v9.0 workbench.
This test covers the following major topics:Configure and Deploy InfoSphere MDM Server in a Development Workstation
MDM Server Architecture and Domain Model
Extensions and Additions (through Workbench)
External Rules and Validation
Suspect Duplicate Processing
Features and Functionality
To pass this 63 question exam, you will need a passing score of at least 67%. You will have 90 minutes to complete the exam.
Learn more about this exam and bring new MDM skills back to your workplace and team!
One of the most popular features of our Information on Demand Conference each year continues to be FREE Information Management Certification testing. And I can understand why - earning an industry-recognized IBM Information Management certification is a great way to validate your skills on our newest products. So, if you are a registered Information On Demand attendee, you'll want to start preparing now for your upcoming certification exam.
Here are the details:
- Attendees may take up to three IM (including SPSS, Cognos and ECM) exams at no charge
- A discounted fee of $100 USD for subsequent exams will apply.
- The discounted price of $100 also applies for all Lotus, Rational, Tivoli, WebSphere, SOA, and XML Certification exams.
- Our complimentary FileNet Certification Exams will be available to attendees.
- Our Technical Sales Mastery exams will also be offered at the event free of charge to attendees.
- As always, candidates may re-take most software certification exams if they have failed as there are two versions of each exam available.
To make sure your are successful on exam day, start using our prep resources now to get prepared!
Certification at IOD will be available during the following hours:
Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
Monday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
Wednesday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.*
Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
* Please note: The closing times listed above are for the last exam seating available on that day.
Special Offer: Free Certification Assessment Testing for Registered IOD Attendees!
IBM is offering free online certification assessment testing (practice tests) to Information Management On Demand 2010 registered attendees! This offer has been designed to help you prepare for the complimentary Information Management Professional Certification offered at the conference. The Information Management assessment tests will be available free of charge two weeks prior to and during the event, October 10 through October 28, 2010. Normally these tests are offered for a fee of $10 each. Now you can prepare and become an IBM Certified Professional and take your job knowledge to the next level at no charge to you! Please note assessment test quantities are limited, only one complimentary assessment test per person.
To take advantage of this offer you must be a registered attendee. Registered attendees will receive event emails throughout the month of October and in these emails will be the promotion code needed to take advantage of this offer. Once you have the code, simply visit the Information Management Certification Assessment Website, select the link to access the Prometric assessment testing site and enter promotion code during the checkout process to qualify for a free assessment test! If for some reason you did not receive the promotion code in your conference email, please contact the Information Management Certification Team and we can assist you.
To learn more about certification testing at IOD, click here.
Have you been thinking about taking an IBM Professional certification? If so, you are going to be interested in a new (and cost effective) way to become certified: Assess and Save!
Here's what you do:
- Determine which IBM Professional Certification will best grow your skills and demonstrate your expertise. Check out the Certification program overview, and the Certification roadmaps to learn more about the program and choose an exam.
- Study, study, study to get prepared! Visit the exam preparation page to find study resources (including some FREE resources!)
- Take a self-assessment test. IBM offers online self assessment exams for each Information Management Professional Certification exam. These practice tests enable you to test your readiness for an exam for a minimal fee, helping you to be successful when you take the actual exam.With the Assess and Save Offer, candidates who purchase and pass any Information Management Online Assessment Exam through Prometric Testing from February 1, 2009 to April 30, 2009 will receive a 50% off voucher good toward the purchase of the corresponding exam at the IBM Authorized Testing Provider, Prometric. That's $100 right back in your pocket!
- Register to take the actual exam at a Prometric Testing Centre (using the voucher number provided) and Save!
Make sure your investment in certification is a smart one: why not save money AND build your skills? For full details about Assess and Save, check out ibm.com/software/data/education/voucher.html
. [Read More
Some of our most popular certification exams at IOD 2009 were the new exams available for DB2 9.7. These exams were just released a few months ago and conference attendees were eager to give them a try.
See the new certifications and brief descriptions below:
IBM Certified Database Administrator, DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, & Windows (Exam 541)
If you are knowledgeable with DB2 9.7 and are capable of performing the intermediate to advanced skills required in the day-to-day administration of DB2 instances and databases, you may benefit from this certification role.
Note: passing one of Exams 700 or 730 is required to take Exam 541.
- Number of questions: 60
- Time allowed in minutes: 90
- Required passing score: 61%
- Test languages: English
Learn more about Exam 541.
IBM Certified Application Developer, DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, & Windows (Exam 543)
This certification exam certifies that the successful candidate has important knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to design, build, execute, and deploy DB2 9.7 database applications.
Significant experience with intermediate or advanced level skills in developing applications that interact with DB2 databases. This individual has strong skills in DB2 SQL and in database application development concepts.
Note: passing one of Exams 700 or 730 is required to take Exam 543.
- Number of questions: 60
- Time allowed in minutes: 90
- Required passing score: 60%
- Test languages: English
Learn more about Exam 543.
Advanced DB2 9.7 certification
The IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator, DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, & Windows (Exam 544) certification will be available in 2010.
View the DB2 9.7 roadmap and other available roadmaps.
You asked for it, and now it's here again! The Assess and Save offer is back!
If you purchase and PASS an Information Management Online Assessment Test between now and May 31, 2011, you will receive a 50% off certification voucher good for the corresponding exam. That's right, you'll save $100 USD! Your voucher will be valid until July 31, 2011.
Assessment tests are available for every Information Management Professional Certification Exam. These "practice tests" allow you to test your readiness for a minimal fee, helping you to be successful on exam day. Click here to take an Assessment test.
Learn more about the Assess and Save offer!
Part of my job is to work with the Information Management Certification Program Manager, Susan Dykman, to get the word out about new and popular certifications. Earning an industry-recognized IBM certification is a great way to validate your skills and keep up-to-date with the latest Data Server products.
DB2 9 certifications have been very popular this year, including DB2 9 Fundamentals (Exam 730), DB2 9 Database Administrator for Linux, UNIX, and Windows (Exam 731), DB2 9 Database Administrator for z/OS (Exam 732), DB2 9 Application Developer (Exam 733), and DB2 9 Advanced Database Administrator for Linux, UNIX, and Windows (Exam 734). Many people have questions, however, about the new upgrade exam for DB2 9 – DB2 9 Database Administrator for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Upgrade (Exam 736). Read on for some information about the upgrade exam and to find out if you qualify.
Upgrade Exams 101
Upgrade Exam 736 allows individuals with a DB2 UDB v8.1 Database Administrator for LUW certification to bypass Exams 730 and 731 when upgrading their certification to DB2 9. However, to maintain the integrity of the certification program, restrictions on who is eligible to take this upgrade exam are necessary. These restrictions include:
- Individuals who took Exam 706 to upgrade from DB2 UDB V7 DBA certification to DB2 UDB V8 DBA certification are not eligible to take Exam 736
- Individuals who attained a DB2 UDB V8.1 DBA certification without taking exam 700 are not eligible to take Exam 736
- Individuals who hold a DB2 UDB V7 DBA certification and did not upgrade to V8 are not eligible to take Exam 736
What does this mean for me?
Check out the list below to find out what exams you need to take to get DBA for LUW certified on DB2 9:
- If you’ve taken Exams 512 & 513 for a DB2 UDB v7.1 DBA certification, you’ll need to take either Exam 700 or 730, and 731
- If you’ve taken Exams 512 & 701 for a DB2 UDB v8.1 DBA, you’ll need to take either Exam 700 or 730, and 731
- If you’ve taken Exams 700 & 701 for a DB2 UDB v8.1 DBA, you’ll need to take either Exam 731 or 736
- If you’ve taken Exams 512, 513, and 706 for a DB2 UDB v8.1 DBA, you’ll need to take either Exam 700 or 730, and 731
- If you’ve never taken a certification exam for DB2, you’ll need to take Exam 730 and 731
If all these numbers are making your head spin, check out the list below to see the corresponding certification for each exam number:
To learn more, visit:Online exam information - ibm.com/certify/tests/test_index_bd.shtmlPrintable exam prep documents - ibm.com/software/data/education/certprep.htmlRoadmaps - ibm.com/software/data/education/cert-roadmaps.html
- Exam 512: DB2 UDB V7.1 Family Fundamentals
- Exam 513: DB2 UDB V7.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Database Administration
- Exam 700: DB2 UDB V8.1 Family Fundamentals
- Exam 701: DB2 UDB V8.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Database Administration
- Exam 706: DB2 UDB V8.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Database Administration Upgrade
- Exam 730: DB2 9 Fundamentals
- Exam 731: DB2 9 DBA for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Exam 736: DB2 9 Database Administrator for Linux UNIX and Windows Upgrade
Time for entry two in my IOD series. Today's topic: FREE (that's right... FREE) certification testing for registered attendees.
Here are the details: Registered IOD Attendees can take up to three Information Management exams at no charge. This includes COGNOS exams. If three won't cut it and you'd like to take more certification exams, you pay a discounted fee of $100 USD per exam (that is a savings of 50% off the regular price).
If you would like to take a Lotus, Rational, Tivoli, WebSphere, SOA, and/or XML certification exam, you can do so at the discounted price of $100 USD. FileNet Certification Exams and Technical Sales Mastery exams will also be available free of charge at IOD.
When people ask me for certification tips, I always tell them study, study, study! Take advantage of resources before you get to IOD so you are ready on testing day. These resources include certification study guides, free online preparation tutorials, and online practice tests to assess your readiness prior to IOD. And, if you are swamped leading up to the conference, why not register for one of our pre-conference certification crammer courses?
As always, new certification exams will be available at this year's IOD conference, including:
- IBM Certified Database Administrator, DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, & Windows, Exam 541
- IBM Certified Application Developer, DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, & Windows, Exam 543
- IBM Certified Database Associate, Informix Dynamic Server V11.50, Exam 555
- IBM Certified Specialist, IBM Optim Implementation for Distributed Systems (2009), Exam 551
- IBM Certified Specialist, IBM solidDB and IBM solidDB Universal Cache, Exam 550
- IBM Certified Solution Developer, InfoSphere QualityStage v8.0, Exam 419
Learn more about these new exams on the certification website
Add a new industry-recognized certification designation to your list of 'to-dos' a this year's IOD conference to grow your skills for 2010.
IOD certification testing will be at the Mandalay Bay Hotel. The testing lab will be located on Level 2 of the South Convention Center in Surf DEF. Visit the conference website for more information, such as hours of operation. If you would like to register for IOD, click here.
Have you been thinking about earning a DB2 9 certification over the next few months? Do you want to validate your skills and increase your earning potential? Then you’ll be interested in the Certify and Save promotion announced today by Information Management Training.
The Certify and Save promotion works like this: buy a DB2 9 certification guide and get a voucher for 50% off the cost of the associated Information Management Professional Certification exam. You’ll save approximately $75 USD with your voucher which easily covers the cost of the certification guide!
Here are the details:
- Buy one of the certification guides available for DB2 9 at any US bookstore (physical store, online store, even our conference bookstore at IDUG North America)
- Sign up for the offer on the promotion registration site or before June 30, 2008
- Receive your promotion qualification email from IBM
- Following the instructions in your qualification email, send proof of book purchase to IBM on or before July 15, 2008
- Receive your professional certification voucher valid for the guide's corresponding exam
- Take the certification exam through Thompson Prometric on or before August 31, 2008, redeem the voucher, and save $75
Here are the available guides and the associated exams:
- Purchase DB2 9 Fundamentals Certification Study Guide by Roger Sanders, ISBN: 1583470727... Receive a voucher for Exam 730: DB2 9 Fundamentals
- Purchase DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Database Administration: Certification Study Guide by Roger Sanders, ISBN: 1583470778... Receive a voucher for Exam 731: DB2 9 DBA for LUW
- Purchase DB2 9 for z/OS Database Administration: Certification Study Guide by Susan Lawson, ISBN: 1583470743... Receive a voucher for Exam 732: DB2 9 DBA for z/OS
I’m really excited about this promotion because it is a practical and cost-effective way to earn a DB2 9 certification. Plus, the certification guides are useful resources to keep at your desk following the exam if you ever need to refresh a concept or skill.
For more information about the Certify and Save promotion, visit ibm.com/software/data/education/voucher.html. From this site you can read more about the promotion, listen to a podcast about the offer, and download a PDF with all the promotion details.
So… get studying!
P.S. Before your exam, you can test your skills with an assessment exam available for only $10 USD – visit ibm.com/software/data/education/cert-assessment.html for more information.