Time for entry two in my IOD series. Today's topic: FREE (that's right... FREE) certification testing for registered attendees.
Here are the details: Registered IOD Attendees can take up to three Information Management exams at no charge. This includes COGNOS exams. If three won't cut it and you'd like to take more certification exams, you pay a discounted fee of $100 USD per exam (that is a savings of 50% off the regular price).
If you would like to take a Lotus, Rational, Tivoli, WebSphere, SOA, and/or XML certification exam, you can do so at the discounted price of $100 USD. FileNet Certification Exams and Technical Sales Mastery exams will also be available free of charge at IOD.
When people ask me for certification tips, I always tell them study, study, study! Take advantage of resources before you get to IOD so you are ready on testing day. These resources include certification study guides, free online preparation tutorials, and online practice tests to assess your readiness prior to IOD. And, if you are swamped leading up to the conference, why not register for one of our pre-conference certification crammer courses?
As always, new certification exams will be available at this year's IOD conference, including:
- IBM Certified Database Administrator, DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, & Windows, Exam 541
- IBM Certified Application Developer, DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, & Windows, Exam 543
- IBM Certified Database Associate, Informix Dynamic Server V11.50, Exam 555
- IBM Certified Specialist, IBM Optim Implementation for Distributed Systems (2009), Exam 551
- IBM Certified Specialist, IBM solidDB and IBM solidDB Universal Cache, Exam 550
- IBM Certified Solution Developer, InfoSphere QualityStage v8.0, Exam 419
Add a new industry-recognized certification designation to your list of 'to-dos' a this year's IOD conference to grow your skills for 2010.
IOD certification testing will be at the Mandalay Bay Hotel. The testing lab will be located on Level 2 of the South Convention Center in Surf DEF. Visit the conference website for more information, such as hours of operation. If you would like to register for IOD, click here.