IDUG has just announced a brand new contest for DB2 fans this Spring, titled "Do you DB2". You can win great prizes such as a WiFI enabled HD TV from Vizio or an Apple iPad by telling IDUG your best DB2 stories.
To enter, tell IDUG why you love working with DB2. Send a short essay (less than 1000 words) with interesting tid bits about your experience with any flavor or edition of DB2, and you could take home an HD TV or an Apple iPad. It’s that simple!
Visit http://www.idug.org/doyoudb2 to learn more and participate. This contest is open to all professionals and students in North America. IDUG wants to hear about your experience as a developer, tester, DBA, architect, manager, professor, CIO or CEO – it doesn’t matter what your scope or nature of experience with DB2 is – as long as your stories are memorable and unique, you have a great chance to win.
Stuck for ideas? Here are some sample topics:
- Usability, Performance, Scalability or High Availability of DB2
- Features: Deep Compression, SQL compatibility, pureXML, security, autonomics
- Cost or risk of migrating from another database vendor to DB2
- Experience with the DB2 maintenance and support given by IBM
- Proof points on why DB2 is the best database software
- Stories about the reach and value of DB2’s worldwide community, forums, events or education.
All entries will be judged by a panel of experts based on the following judging criteria:
- Novelty and originality of the content - 25%
- How unique is the content? What is the quality of the content?
- Efficacy of expression and persuasion - 25%
- How effective is the content in conveying the product’s superiority?
- Use of quantitative proof points - 50%
- How well is the personal experience of the participant conveyed through the use of quantitative metrics that demonstrate the product’s superiority?
The contest closes June 15, 2010. Good luck!!