SUT really simplifies my work life. Here are some of the things I really love:
1) I can specify conference call numbers in my phonebook, and then have it just connect me automatically if my preferred device is my computer, or show me the passcode I need to dial if my preferred device is a hard phone. I have a lot of conference calls, so this one saves me a ton of work!
2) I can set routing rules so that my calls come in where I am, regardless of how people try to reach me. For example, I like to use my office phone when I'm in the office, but my computer softphone when I'm working at home.
3) If i need to switch devices, I can easily do that. For example, I can transfer a call to my cell or my home phone as need be (e.g., if I'm walking from one meeting room to another).
4) I can easily click someone's name in my contact list and call them when I need to talk, or turn a chat into a call if the conversation gets complicated.
5) I can use the live text widget to click any name or number in a Notes email or chat history to place a call -- no need to reach for a phone.
Have you tried SUT? I'd love to hear your feedback if you have!
IBM Sametime design
Hello, Sametime Design Blog followers! I wanted to let you know that I'm now blogging on the IBM Sametime blog:
Please look for new entries there!