Earlier this week, I posted a blog entry about Learning Circles so that people are aware of this new initiative.
Here I want to explain a little bit more what learning Circles contains. As I said before, a learning circle is a collaborative environment to learn the basics about a technology or a product. Because it relies on social learning, you can find subject matter experts, graduates or leaders within the community and start a discussion with them (Experts and Leaders page).
Another important aspect of a learning circle is the learning roadmaps it contains. This is where you will find educational materials to gain specific competencies. A learning circle will help you meet different learning objectives throughout specific learning roadmaps
Depending on the learning circle you are interested in, you may find a variety of learning roadmaps, such as:
- Basic Awareness: Articulate concepts and benefits of a solution
- Install and Config: Set up and customize and environment with one or more products
- Basic Usage: Use the product in a simple scenario
- Demonstrate Value: Demonstrate the value of the product and its features
- Additional Competencies: Deeper dive usage of a solution, troubleshouting
The picture below represents the different learning roadmaps and their objectives.