We just announced a new release of IBM CPLEX Optimization Studio. Interested readers can read the full announcement letter
Planned dates for availability are:
- November 16, 2012: Electronic availability
- November 23, 2012: Media availability
Highlights for this release include enhancements that help improve Integrated Development Environment (IDE) modeling productivity and optimizer performance.
- IDE enhancements
- Ability to identify and understand conflicts in a set of constraints
- Execution and comparison of test models for different engine
performance measurements leading to faster model testing and deployment
- Optimizer enhancements
- Improved solution times on (difficult) mixed integer problems
- Automatic simplification of CP Optimizer models for efficient solution
- Ability to construct distributed parallel optimization algorithms with the CPLEX mathematical programming optimizers
This release also facilitates out-of-the-box
deployment of optimization applications in a client-server environment:
- Model developers can set up and execute solves on a server.
- Developers can migrate from desktop development to enterprise deployment.
- Model developers can access both server and desktop solves.
We are proud of this release, but the best is to try it instead of relying on our marketing messaging!