dmmckinn 1200006SCS Visits (2262)
dmmckinn 1200006SCS Visits (2200)
dmmckinn 1200006SCS Visits (2810)
dmmckinn 1200006SCS Visits (2458)
Configuring Rational Team Concert to establish a global configuration context for work item links - Sharing a recent article by Kathryn Fryer, a Solution Architect at IBM, that describes how to configure Rational Team Concert (RTC), so users can link work items to specific versions of lifecycle artifacts. The article focuses primarily on links from Rational Team Concert to Rational DOORS Next Generation requirements and Rational Quality Manager test artifacts.
dmmckinn 1200006SCS Visits (2918)
dmmckinn 1200006SCS Visits (2208)
The CE Solution - A look at the IBM Continuous Engineering Solution platform.
dmmckinn 1200006SCS Visits (2056)
Many organizations that use IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation collaborate with one or more external partners to specify, refine, and fulfill requirements. Partners might exchange data multiple times to clarify and negotiate details. Typically, organizations use the Rational DOORS Next Generation Requirement Interchange Format (ReqIF) capabilities to exchange requirements. With Rational DOORS Next Generation projects enabled for configuration management, using ReqIF can become more complex. This article describes considerations and practices for ReqIF with conf
dmmckinn 1200006SCS Visits (2912)
Demonstrating compliance with the IBM Continuous Engineering Solution - A series of short demonstrations.
Arun K Sriramaiah 2700076GE8 Visits (3139)
Navigate to a repo workspace on a stream (where that old version was baselined), select component in a repository workspace or stream in the Team Artifacts window and click on "Replace with".
Using the server setting “Server Default for Line Delimiter Handling” = NONE and usage limitation and understanding
Arun K Sriramaiah 2700076GE8 Visits (2395)
You may have noticed that there is a new feature in RTC 6.0.5 regarding Keyword expansion.
It may only be from the CLI and builds.
There is this statement:
2. How is the Keyword expansion enabled for a load operation if it is only used for the CLI and builds?
3. Does this mean the Keyword expansion is enabled for a load operation using the Eclipse client?
Arun K Sriramaiah 2700076GE8 Visits (3452)
Unidirectional & Bi Directional flow controls in IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) Streams ( SIT \ UAT\ PROD) and Best Usage.
Below is one of the example for creating a RTC streams ( SIT \ UAT\ PROD) code delivery
Best usages & control of smooth code delivery between RTC streams (SIT, UAT and Prod)
Note: One of the best ways is to make sure SIT,UAT,Pre-PROD and PROD should be Unidirectional flows, so that it will not affect the existing codes.
The process is:
Below are a few things should be taken care of for smooth change flow.
1) The more frequently that you accept and deliver (assuming that your deliveries never break the product)
2) Merge in a small set of changes than a large set of changes.
3) The flow targets of a workspace have no effect on whether or not a change set shows up as ready to be accepted by other team members who share the same flow target. It is only when you have actually delivered
4) If you don't have any latest common changes, there shouldn't be any conflicts
5) A delivery of the code is made from the Module Streams to the Main Development stream.
Note: In case for the above situation if you find the conflict between streams. Please refer to the below blog.
Arun K Sriramaiah 2700076GE8 Visits (4656)
Enabling the RepoDebug service for Jazz Team Server (JTS) and Rational Team Concert (RTC) WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Liberty application server
The debug service is a general-purpose service that serves as the central location for finding various REST APIs that are useful for debugging. It was introduced into Jazz Foundation in v4.0.6 and is available for all JAF-based web applications.
Please refer the RepoDebug wiki for more details.
One of the best ways to have the specific version changes (change Set) into the RTC Repository workspace (Sandbox)
Arun K Sriramaiah 2700076GE8 Visits (2207)
One of the Best ways to have the specific version changes (change Set) into the Rational Team Concert (RTC) Repository workspace (Sandbox)
Please find the below scenario and use case as an example:
1) UserA Eg: Hello.java created 20 version
2) UserA <Lock> the file hello.java version.
3) UserA Repository worksapce Set Flow target <Bi-Directional> to Stream
Note: UserB needs only Specific Version into the Repository workspace.
4) UserB Repository workspace Set Flow target <Uni-Directional> (incoming) from Stream.
5) UserB Repository workspace Check the <Pending Changes> into the Stream.
6) UserB Repository workspace Select the Specific (for example, Hello.java version 10 ) <Change Set> and <Accept> the changes from <Pending Changes>.
7) UserB Repository workspace Select the Specific option <Merge Initial Change Sets>
8) UserB Repository workspace Opens the <Change to Merge Editor> under the < Resulting Change Set > Click <Complete> and <Ok> . Closing Editor click <ok>
Note: UserB gets to see the specific changes in the UserB Repository Workspace and Workspace Changes will not flow into the Stream since its Unidirectional changes. Also, the file can’t be modified since it is locked by UserA.
Arun K Sriramaiah 2700076GE8 Visits (3079)
How does Hierarchy Logic in RTC Source Control Components work?
Problem: When the component is selected, multiple sub-components are getting added to the stream.
Steps to reproduce:
Actual Output: The selected component is adding sub-components into the repository workspace.
1) Reason for adding sub-component into the workspace when root component is added
dmmckinn 1200006SCS Visits (2760)