Arun K Sriramaiah 2700076GE8 Visits (3261)
Unidirectional & Bi Directional flow controls in IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) Streams ( SIT \ UAT\ PROD) and Best Usage.
Below is one of the example for creating a RTC streams ( SIT \ UAT\ PROD) code delivery
Best usages & control of smooth code delivery between RTC streams (SIT, UAT and Prod)
Note: One of the best ways is to make sure SIT,UAT,Pre-PROD and PROD should be Unidirectional flows, so that it will not affect the existing codes.
The process is:
Below are a few things should be taken care of for smooth change flow.
1) The more frequently that you accept and deliver (assuming that your deliveries never break the product)
2) Merge in a small set of changes than a large set of changes.
3) The flow targets of a workspace have no effect on whether or not a change set shows up as ready to be accepted by other team members who share the same flow target. It is only when you have actually delivered
4) If you don't have any latest common changes, there shouldn't be any conflicts
5) A delivery of the code is made from the Module Streams to the Main Development stream.
Note: In case for the above situation if you find the conflict between streams. Please refer to the below blog.