The Continuous Engineering teams have delivered a number of new product releases over the last few weeks. These releases include a number of fixes and enhancements. We've included highlights of some of the enhancements below.
Available November 29, 2016
- Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters Tasktop Edition V1.2
The latest release of Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapter Tasktop Edition allows clients who use third-party tools to take advantage of the benefits that are offered by Configuration Management capabilities in the IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management suite while still ensuring that desired artifacts are visible and synchronized across the tools. Configuration Management allows for multiple versions of Collaborative Lifecycle Management artifacts. Other tools, like JIRA and HPE ALM do not share the same concept nor have this same capability. Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapter Tasktop Edition V1.2 bridges the gap by showing one (or more) versions of a Collaborative Lifecycle Management artifact in tools that do not have version capabilities.
Additionally, there are now new adapters for HPE Octane and Pivotal Tracker, along with general improvements in functionality for connectors with:
- HPE ALM
- IBM ClearQuest
- CA PPM and Agile Central, Version One
- Microsoft™ TFS
Available December 5, 2016
Teams that create and evolve complex IT systems and mechanical-electrical-software products need modern tools and developments practices to overcome the challenges of increasing solution complexity, compliance, and cross-organization coordination and collaboration. Version 6.0.3 furthers this with the following enhancements:
- Extend agile development to agile program and portfolio planning with built-in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) V4.0 templates.
- Gain efficiencies from easier parallel development and reuse of requirements and tests with Global Configuration Management of many component streams and baselines within project areas in IBM® Rational® DOORS® Next Generation and Rational Quality Manager.
- Find insight into project dependencies and status using:
- Jazz™ Reporting Service with more development data
- More ready-to-copy reports
- More graph formatting options
- Collaborate more easily on requirements with expanded use case support for requirements interchange across supply chains and new user interface wireframe diagrams.
- Improve productivity of manual testing with new customizations and automated testing across multiple servers.
- Improve productivity in complex software development with improved change and merge use cases in Rational Team Concert™ source control management and enhancements when updating Rational Team Concert work items while using Git.
Refer to the Highlights of 6.0.3 blog post for more information.
- Rational Publishing Engine V2.1.1
In this release, project teams and document controllers can look forward to further improved web functionality that is built on the success of the recent Rational Publishing Engine V2.1 release. These enhancements includes following details:
- Everyday users: When grouping artifacts, users can expand or collapse all of the items.
- Report designers: They can hide complexity from everyday users:
- New sample assets are available for report designers to use (for example, templates, snippets, scripts, and style sheets, which are designed to work with specific data sources, such as, Rational DOORS or Rational Quality Manager).
- Report designers can select all the assets in a view by clicking the check box in the table heading.
- Report designers can select multiple templates and click the Create Report from Template icon to load the selected templates into the Design reports page.
- Administrator: Administrators can now monitor long running jobs and pause, cancel, or resume the jobs.
Other Rational Publishing Engine enhancements include:
- New Document Studio guided tours to help you quickly build and generate documents for data sources, such as Rational DOORS and Rational DOORS Next Generation.
- Drag and drop support for creating templates from web resource websites is now added for communication diagram and object model diagram web addresses from Design Management, and graphical report websites from Jazz™ tm Reporting Service Report Builder in the Document Studio. The resulting template and document specification are automatically configured with the REST website, credentials, and authentication type.
- Ability to add mathematical equations to your documents.
- Ability to set links on your images.
- Ability to add rich text inside links, for example tags.
In Rational Publishing Engine V2.1.1, there are the following deprecated functions:
- The 1.x Remote services are deprecated in this release. Administrators can migrate assets from the 1.x Remote services application to Document Builder.
- The Legacy PDF driver is no longer supported. If your document specification points to the old legacy PDF driver, modify the specification to refer to the default PDF driver.
- Rational Rhapsody V8.2 and Rational Rhapsody Design Manager V6.0.3
- AUTOSAR: migration of projects to newer versions of AUTOSAR
- Configuration management: direct integration with RTC (Rational Team Concert)
- Diagrams: Adding shortcut list to graphic elements
- Diagrams: connection points for rectilinear lines
- Diagrams: connectors with rounded bends
- Diagrams: enhanced highlighting during hover
- Diagrams: guides for aligning elements
- Diagrams: improved routing of connectors
- Harmony SE Toolkit enhancements
- Rhapsody API: additional callback methods
- Rhapsody DM client: remote requirements in multiple views
- Rhapsody DM web client: improvement of properties page
- Rhapsody DM web client: remote requirements as independent model elements
- Rhapsody Design Manager - copying, moving and referencing model elements
- Rhapsody Design Manager: additional information in element preview
- Rhapsody Design Manager: importing profiles
- Rhapsody Design Manager: linking to sequence diagram elements
- Rhapsody Design Manager: navigating from element pages to element in Rhapsody client
- Rhapsody Design Manager: new ChangeSet toolbar in Rhapsody client
- Rhapsody Design Manager: reference information for non-loaded elements
- Rhapsody Design Manager: references to nested packages
- Rhapsody Design Manager: use of work item approvals to restrict changeset delivery
- Rhapsody command line: loading helpers
- Rhapsody in Ada: SXF ports
- Rhapsody in Ada: catching exceptions when entering first state
- Rhapsody in Ada: flowchart support - code generation and reverse engineering
- Rhapsody in Ada: including user-defined code in auto-generated code
- Rhapsody in Ada: pragmas in generated code
- Roundtripping of individual classes in 64-bit version of Rational Rhapsody
- Search and replace dialog: enhancements
- Sequence diagrams and timing diagrams: new metamodel elements
- Sequence diagrams: controlling message spacing
- Sequence diagrams: defining timeout duration with model element
- Sequence diagrams: message formatting
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and 7.1
- SysML modeling: ValueProperty elements
- SysML modeling: automatic creation of allocations
- Tag enhancements
- TestConductor: inclusion of remote requirements in coverage computation
- TestConductor: model coverage computation for flow charts in Rhapsody in Ada.
- TestConductor: support for Rhapsody in Ada on Linux
For more detailed information about what is new in these releases and how to download these new versions, refer to the following: