I would like an example of running an ETL Job Item as simply Running the process fails.
Users see the Activated record and assume they can click Run Process and will get results. There is actual need to enter a set of restraining data to get results.
Every ETL Job Item is different. You need to fill in information to the record in order to get the results necessary for the transformation or processing.
A complete list of field requirements and processing possibilities can be found in the manual link below.
This blog entry is for a sample run of a Survey Fact ETL Job Item.
- First click on Tools, then select ETL Job Item from the Job Scheduling Menu.
- Then Search for Survey Fact and open the record. It's recommended that you click on More - Copy to create a copy that you can modify, test and play with.
- After that change the name for an amicable name and enter at least these mandatory fields: Date, Start Date, Fiscal Period and End Date.
- This is an example of the Date field, take notice on the Quarter and Month to enter the other subsequent Fiscal Period and Start/End dates.
- Here is an example for Q2/2017 - June. After all fields entered click Save and the you can click Run Process.
- The record window will close and you can see Processing for the Status of the record.
- After that you can open it again and it should show Completed as the status. You can also click on the Workflow Instance tab to see the completed workflows.
IBM TRIRIGA - Running ETL transforms