One of the best ways to have the specific version changes (change Set) into the RTC Repository workspace (Sandbox)
Arun K Sriramaiah 2700076GE8 Visits (1589)
One of the Best ways to have the specific version changes (change Set) into the Rational Team Concert (RTC) Repository workspace (Sandbox)
Please find the below scenario and use case as an example:
1) UserA Eg: Hello.java created 20 version
2) UserA <Lock> the file hello.java version.
3) UserA Repository worksapce Set Flow target <Bi-Directional> to Stream
Note: UserB needs only Specific Version into the Repository workspace.
4) UserB Repository workspace Set Flow target <Uni-Directional> (incoming) from Stream.
5) UserB Repository workspace Check the <Pending Changes> into the Stream.
6) UserB Repository workspace Select the Specific (for example, Hello.java version 10 ) <Change Set> and <Accept> the changes from <Pending Changes>.
7) UserB Repository workspace Select the Specific option <Merge Initial Change Sets>
8) UserB Repository workspace Opens the <Change to Merge Editor> under the < Resulting Change Set > Click <Complete> and <Ok> . Closing Editor click <ok>
Note: UserB gets to see the specific changes in the UserB Repository Workspace and Workspace Changes will not flow into the Stream since its Unidirectional changes. Also, the file can’t be modified since it is locked by UserA.