Innovate 2011: Daily top 5 – Wednesday, June 8
It’s hard to think that Innovate is almost coming to a close and I want to make sure you get to make the most out of the 1.5 days we have left.
Top 5 things you should check out today
- Morning general session: You’ve been hearing about innovation and the importance of software all week. This morning we’re showing you one of the ways software has contributed to the amazing advances in technology. At 8:00 a.m. today, come down to the Pacific Ballroom to watch as our 4 contest winners along with Grady Booch and Felicia Day take on Watson. From what I hear Watson will probably take the cake, but Grady and Felicia have a few tricks up their sleeves.
- Client connections lounge: If you’re looking for a place to sit back, put your feet up and network for a bit, consider stopping by the Client Connections Lounge in Europe 2 of the Dolphin hotel. The first 25 people who stop by and register for the Rational User Group or sign up to be a client reference will get a free gift from the IBM Innovate store. Client connections will be open for the last time today from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Solution expo: Today from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. is your very last chance to stop by and see all of the amazing solutions (and swag) our business partners have to offer. My personal favorites? Spigit and Cloud One. Wondering why? Stop by and ask them!
- Behind the scenes with Watson and Grady Booch: In case this morning’s keynote just isn’t enough for you, we’ve created a second opportunity to get the low-down on what Watson is all about. Join Grady Booch and David Shepler for a more intimate session in the Pacific Ballroom today from 4:15 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
- Wizarding world of Harry Potter: Even if you’re not a Harry Potter geek (like me) you’re going to love tonight’s special event. All registered attendees are invited to attend – admission is included in the price for registration – and additional tickets can be purchased from the Innovate registration desk. Buses leave at 7:00 p.m. from the Dolphin hotel.
Please read below for the latest session changes. These changes will also be reflected on the Innovate Smart Site.
- Taking the IBM® Rational® Automation Framework for WebSphere® to the Next Level: Advanced Use Cases (Today from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. in Northern E3)
- Case study: Reducing the Security Burden for Developers. How NEC has Been Securing their Applications for a Decade with IBM Rational AppScan (Today from 4:15 – 5:15 in Oceanic 1)
- Combining IBM® Rational® Build Forge®, IBM® Rational Team Concert™, and IBM® Rational® Asset Manager for Legacy Development on zLinux (ADAM-2149 was supposed to take place from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. today)
Check back tomorrow or tweet to @ibminnovate for the last updates and please remember to follow along with Innovate conversations.
About the author:
Rebecca Lalez is the social media strategist for Rational software and IBM Innovate 2011. She’s been a part of the Rational web marketing team for three years and is one of the faces behind Rational and Innovate on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. After receiving her M.A. in Advertising from the University of Texas at Austin, she is currently living in Chicago with her dog Doogie. You can connect with Rebecca on Twitter and LinkedIn.