Innovate 2011: Daily top 5 - Monday, June 6
Welcome to Innovate 2011! In these daily updates you’ll find some quick highlights of the things in the day to come along with some of the things you may have missed the day before. Most importantly (for attendees anyway) are the session updates which will be found at the bottom of each post – including room changes and cancellations.
Also, if you can't attend don’t forget to follow along with Innovate conversations.
Top 5 things you should check out today
- Day 1 general session/keynote: All I can say is that “today will be a really good day”. I’ve been sitting in on the rehearsals and it looks like this morning's opening session is going to be the most enteraining kick-off we’ve had in years. Be sure to be downstairs in the Pacific Ballroom of the Dolphin hotel by 8:00 a.m. so you don’t miss a minute.
- Opening night at the exhibit hall: Come down to the solution expo/exhibit hall tonight at 5:00 p.m. for a couple drinks, some snacks, some learning, and a lot of fun. The solution expo will be open on Monday from 5-8p; Tuesday from 11a-2p & 4:30-7:30p; and Wednesday from 11-2p.
- Jazz Café: Join the Jazz development team in Northern Hemisphere 1 for some coffee and snacks while you get all of your Jazz questions answered. The team will be on-hand to show you some of the ways you can leverage Jazz tools to drive excellence in your software team.
- Birds of a Feather (BoF): The first round of BoF sessions start tonight. Check out page 42 of your spiral-bound session guides for details on where to find the session you’re looking for. But, before you do that! Make sure you stop by the white board in the IBM Solution center to suggest topics for the Tuesday night BoF sessions.
- Enterprise modernization keynote with Doug Brown and Hayden Lindsey: Gain an in-depth awareness of modernization challenges and how IBM Rational’s enterprise modernization capabilities address them in concrete ways. The session will kick off at 1:45 p.m. in Northern A3/A4.
What you may have missed yesterday
This welcome reception was one hundred years in the making! Innovate 2011 proudly presented the IBM Centennial Party. Attendees had a taste of the groundbreaking technology (and even the foods) of the major milestone eras of IBM’s ongoing march of progress! We experienced the power of social progress. And, got our game on with one of the world’s great game-changers: IBM. There won’t be another party this cool for at least, well, a hundred years!
Red carpet lounge welcome reception
The Rational Accelerated Value Program Team hosted an “invitation only” experience at Innovate 2011: The Accelerated Value Red Carpet Lounge. The Red Carpet Lounge (RCL) is available throughout the conference and focuses on presentations and round tables with management/development/product management that can only be seen in the Red Carpet Lounge. It is also a place to relax, enjoy a soft drink, coffee or snack, connect to the Internet, do a little work, and much much more. The Lounge gives you a chance to meet with other Accelerated Value Program Clients, Rational Product Managers, Executives, and Engineers as well as many Accelerate Value Leaders and Specialists. For more information, please stop by Asia 5.
Please read below for the latest session changes. These changes will also be reflected on the Innovate Smart Site.
- Case study: Reducing the Security Burden for Developers. How NEC has Been Securing their Applications for a Decade with IBM Rational AppScan (Day/Time: Wed 4:15-5:15 p.m. Location: Oceanic 1)
- Deploying and Upgrading an IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Environment (Day/Time: Tue 4:15-5:45 p.m. Location: Southern 1)
- Accelerating Innovation through Software and Systems Engineering (Day/Time: Tue 9:15-10:15 a.m. New location: Southern II and III)
- Real-Time IBM® System z® Integration using IBM® WebSphere®, CICS, and IBM Rational Solutions (New Day/Time: Mon 11:30-12:30 p.m. Same location: Oceanic 2)
Check back tomorrow or follow @ibminnovate for the latest updates!
- Combining IBM® Rational® Build Forge®, IBM® Rational Team Concert™, and IBM® Rational® Asset Manager for Legacy Development on zLinux (was scheduled to take place on Wed from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.)
About the author:
Rebecca Lalez is the social media strategist for Rational software and IBM Innovate 2011. She’s been a part of the Rational web marketing team for three years and is one of the faces behind Rational and Innovate on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. After receiving her M.A. in Advertising from the University of Texas at Austin, she is currently living in Chicago with her dog Doogie. You can connect with Rebecca on Twitter and LinkedIn.