DevOps and cloud: Video series Part 6 – Cloud integration
In this video series we’ve been explaining the notion of a DevOps continuous delivery pipeline and its relationship to cloud technology. As indicated in the introduction we have split the DevOps end-to-end scenario into seven distinct sections, each aligned with a specific part of the overall flow captured in a video.
The sixth video focuses on cloud integration in more detail. We demonstrate how we provision a new user acceptance test environment inside the cloud based on a predefined blueprint model. The overall process is controlled by the deployment automation system.
The following diagram reflects the parts of the end-to-end scenario that are covered in this section:
We cover the following aspects in detail in the video:
· We have the requirement to provision a new user acceptance test (UAT) environment based on a defined cloud pattern.
· We use IBM
· The environment is based on a single node IBM
· The cloud pattern has been imported as a resource template into UrbanCode Deploy.
· The resource template is being used inside an application blueprint in order to assign application components to infrastructure elements.
· The UAT environment is successfully provisioned inside the cloud.
Here’s the video, with explanatory callouts to help you understand what you see:
Now you’ve gone through nearly all of the video sections, but there is still one left where we demonstrate how we use IBM UrbanCode Deploy to stage a new version of the claiming application from a previous, successfully tested environment stage into the newly provisioned UAT environment that we recently provisioned.
Please share your feedback or questions below, and stay tuned for the last installment in the “DevOps and cloud” video series.