Industries at Innovate
IBM's industry focus is sharper than ever! Come to Innovate 2013: The IBM Technical Summit, where you'll learn ways to improve the practices, predictability, and economics of software and product delivery in the context of your industry needs. Innovate will feature 160 industry-unique client speakers, Rational education opportunities, community building industry events, detailed industry solution demonstrations, and big-picture insights into key technical trends.
Innovate 2013: The IBM Technical Summit is the event for software practitioners and product developers.
Here are 10 reasons for industry clients to attend:
1. Industry Speakers: Over 160 Industry sessions with expert industry speakers, including 40 A&D sessions, 20+ Automotive sessions, 50 Financial Services sessions, and 27 electronics sessions and more sessions covering government, telecommunications, retail and more among over 400 conference sessions!
2. Energy Forum! New this year is the Energy Industry Forum. The Forum will be moderated by J.L. Martines, Sr. Director of Project Development, Florida Power & Light Company. Open to local industry clients.
3. Aerospace and Defense Forum! New this year is the Aerospace and Defense expert panel covering the trends and strategies across the Defense industry ecosystem. Guest panelists include board members from OMG. Open to local industry clients.
4. Stay ahead with industry insights into big trends -- Agile, Mobile, DevOps, Cloud, Social, and Big Data. Hear from analysts and clients across all industries discuss adoption patterns, pitfalls, and success of these technology trends.
5. Industry Solution Center: Come discuss and explore industry-specific solutions in Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Electronics & Medical Devices, Energy and Utilities, and Telecommunications
6. Client Experience Center: We'll showcase some of the latest innovations developed with Rational products, including a Jaguar Land Rover and a few interesting surprises!
7. Community night: We'll be joined by local members of key engineering organizations. Clients will be able to see what these organizations offer, including help with long-term career goals and learning about benefits for their companies.
8. Come on everybody, Mr. Roboto! Back by popular demand, the FIRST Robotics teams and their robots will be on-site to show their skills as the next generation of systems engineers.
9. Hands-on technical workshops and open labs: Clients can get hands-on with solutions for software, product and systems development either guided by experts in workshops or at their own pace in open labs.
--> Register for Innovate today!
Below are some of the highlights from industries at Innovate. Download an industry roadmap for a shortcut to the best industry sessions at Innovate!
Aerospace and Defense Industry Download a Roadmap!
You don't need to be a genius like Leonardo da Vinci to figure out you ought to attend the IBM Innovate Technical Summit. In these challenging days, however, you need all the help you can get. Come to Orlando June 2-6, 2013 to see how some of your peers in Aerospace and Defense are getting ahead.
Da Vinci was a great modeler, and created some extraordinary anatomical drawings, many years ahead of his time. Anatomy is complex enough, but today's Aerospace and Defense systems and products are often extraordinarily comp
Top Sessions Include:
Da Vinci also seemed to be a great party-goer and socializer. There will be plenty of that in Orlando, and chances to get together with your peers--there's an Aerospace and Defense Forum on Monday at 4:15 pm and a chance to get wild at Animal Kingdom on Wednesday night! So while you may not need to be a genius to figure out that you should come to Innovate, maybe coming will help you become one.
Automotive Industry Download a Roadmap!
The automotive industry is driving into the future at unprecedented speeds ... and some cars won't have a driver! The Electronics and embedded software that makes science fiction a reality represents 25 to 35 percent of a car’s cost and shows no signs of leveling. You need to get your car fixed? There is a good chance that more than 50 percent of warranty repair costs also come from the technology driving the car.
Yesterday's solutions do not work for the cars or tomorrow. At Innovate 2013 learn from leading automotive OEMs and suppliers from around the globe as to how they have successfully applied Rational solutions to address these challenges. Following are few key sessions with automotive focus at the conference this year:
We are also showcasing the latest the Rational solution for automotive has to offer at the industry solutions demo booth.
The Financial Services industries, including Banking, Financial Markets and Insurance of all types, are responding to a paradigm shift in how they can reach and grow their customer base and revenues. At Innovate 2013, over 60 speakers from Financial Services and Insurance companies will be speaking about a broad range of topics, discussing many ways in which they are competing for new business, growing revenues, reducing cost and modernizing their development processes.
Broaden your exposure with IBM experts, leading edge technologies and many “real life” case studies. Innovate offers a wealth of knowledge to help you gain a competitive edge in many areas at the top of the technology agenda in Banking, Financial Markets and Insurance. There are so many client sessions to choose from it is hard to name just a few…but here is a selection from the various tracks:
Electronics Industry Download a Roadmap!
The world relies on electronics to achieve real business outcomes and enhance personal lives. Electronics fuel innovation in many other industries and sectors. Whether you build multi-core system-on-chips, carrier-grade network equipment, or life-saving medical devices, come to Innovate 2013 to learn how IBM Rational and its partners enable engineering organizations to innovate while increasing agility and managing complexity.
Don't miss these hot client sessions:
Government Industry Download a Roadmap!
Governments around the globe are considering how to make the most of technology and how to leverage it to make a difference in the lives of citizens, and those who must protect their nation. And the best part is these government agencies want to share their success, whether they are a small agency in a US State Government, or perhaps they are a Central State Department in South Africa, or the Post office in Australia - there are best practices to be shared.
This year, we have representation from governments from around the globe, from different agencies, using varying tool sets all with the goal of delivering software and systems efficiently and effectively- making the most of citizen funding.
A couple not to miss sessions and speakers include:
Telecommunications Industry Download a Roadmap!
The telecom sector is growing fast and has become a key driver in the global economic recovery. The growth puts pressure on the need for new business initiatives and technology versus the need to contain costs and ensure overall efficiency. Telecom companies must find new ways to innovate, reduce capital expenditures and improve operational efficiency.
Come to Innovate 2013, to meet with your peers and share tips, tricks, and best practices about how to tackle these challenges head on. Listen to industry experts deliver sessions on service virtualization, agility, and governance across the supply chain and more. Some of the industry top picks include: