Click here for a text transcript of the infographic.
Take the Citi Mobile Challenge
Citi announced the top innovations from the Citi Mobile Challenge in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) along with the winners of the Most Innovative use of Bluemix:
- “ENT-Mobile Core Products and Services” by ENT-Mobile Labs links a user's personal and banking identities using Watson analytics and Cloudant services via Bluemix, simplifying payments to third party vendors.
- “GetFit” by Vortex uses Bluemix to collect user-fitness data through cloud APIs or directly from the device and convert it into Citi points. Bluemix application logic securely connects to the Citi APIs to access account information and applies points according to business rules.
- “All the Possibilities” by gameCon uses a mix of Bluemix services, including services for gamification and advanced analytics, to create customizable banking applications, tailored for each user, that enable new ways to manage finances.
- “Digital Allowance” by Accenture PLC uses a mix development tools for data management, mobile security and database services on Bluemix to offer a “Family wallet” that allows the head of household to interact and distribute funds with limits to their kids, friends, and family.
Startups, learn about the events, the awards, and how you can get involved right now! It’s time to challenge yourself at citimobilechallenge.com!
IBM awarded the winning entrepreneurs and startups using Bluemix with:
- Access to the IBM Global Entrepreneur Program for Cloud Startups.
- $12,000 in IBM Cloud credit.
- Up to $120,000 in IBM Cloud credit.
- Other recipients were eligible for up to 80 hours of technical support and assistance over six months.
Startups and more network at Galvanize Bluemix Garage
Located in the heart of the thriving, entrepreneurial community at Galvanize in San Francisco, IBM’s Bluemix Garage serves as physical location where developers, product managers, and designers can collaborate with IBM experts to rapidly build, test, and deploy applications with agile practices. We brought together nearly 100 influencers including developers, startups, partners, and clients to talk about and showcase the next-generation of cloud innovations. We call it #IBMDemoNight.
- @bluemareks uses #bluemix to power a robot from the @apple watch.
- @neerajaganesan can tell everything about your personality using #watson.
- @shzaidi5 simulates sensors detecting temperature, CPU using @twilio to send alerts.
- @beekman33 introduced the first Foosball table to keep its own scores and tweet results.
@sandy_carter was on site to welcome a packed house of developers @galvanize, along with developers from Apple, Twitter, and more, to discuss the latest trends in cloud development. IBM experts and clients were on hand to give live demonstrations on using Bluemix to build and develop IoT, Watson, and gaming solutions.