Click here for a text transcript of the infographic.
IBM Cognitive and Cloud in Austin
Every year, cutting edge, creative, and crazy intersect in Austin for several days of growth and celebration. The year, SXSW Interactive was the premier destination for discovery. See what you missed!
The IBM Cognitive Studio gave attendees a chance to cook with Watson, enjoy cognitive cocktails, play against robots and serious games in our Bluemix Arcade, and much more. Take a tour now!
Startups showcased supreme apps
- Austin startup Cerebri AI, in partnership with the United Way for Greater Austin, launched the 2-1-1 App to match Austin area residents with available social services. By partnering with IBM Watson, they were able to cater responses to each users specific needs.
- Hot on the Heels of their SmartCamp 2016 win, CarForce joined us at SXSW for our “Proven Go-to-Market Strategies at Work” panel to share their IBM journey. To top it off, they won the HATCH pitch competion too!
- Agustin Gonzalez, founder of Paranoid Fan; Lisa Lang, founder of ElektroCouture; Jessika Lora, founder of CarForce; and Colleen Hayes, Director of Entrepreneurial Development for IBM share their insights into startup success and IBM technologies at the “Proven Go-to-Market Strategies at Work” panel.
2 exclusive startup interviews @ SXSW
The EdSim Challenge and Serious Gaming
The EdSim Challenge calls upon the gaming, developer, and educational technology communities to design simulated environments that prepare America’s students for a more competitive world through high-quality career and technical education. Simulated learning experiences, such as immersive gaming environments, virtual reality, and training simulations, represent an emerging class of instructional content delivery in education. IBM is proud to collaborate with the US Dept of Ed by offering our Bluemix platform, our enablement materials, and our mentors to development communities as part of this very special challenge.
2 ways to start your Cognitive journey
Get started on your path to Cognitive Computing now. Create apps that accelerate, enhance, and scale the human experience using our tutorials & training, tools & code, and communities. Join thousands of other developers who learn, develop and connect from across the world on develolperWorks. Are you a startup looking to build, launch, and scale your business on IBM Cloud? Check out the IBM Global Entrepreneur Program.
Watch/share these Daily Recap vids
- Day 1 - Cognitive, AR, & VR
- Day 2 - Serious Games, Security, & Live Streaming
- Day 3 - Multi-channels, Startups, & USGov CTO
- Day 4 - Foursquare Swarm, Smart Data, & Capital Factory
Even more IBM @ SXSW vids
Can’t get enough videos? Then check out our developerWorks Spotlight to see all of our video coverage over the week.
Learn about business transformation & expansion through digital, watch an update on Women Entrepreneurs and coders featured at SXSW 2016, or find out what Security means to individuals and corporations. We’ve got something for everyone.