Click here for a text transcript of the infographic.
Last year, we launched Digital.NYC as the first Digital City − a unique partnership with local government and partners to fuel innovation and entrepreneurship. Since then, we’ve successfully launched Tech.Berlin, Tech.Gig, Tech.London, and StartupDelta. Announcing the launch of our 6th Digital City: POAdigital.
IBM, Porto Alegre’s City Hall, and local partners collaborated to meet the needs of Brazil’s growing economic and technological development. #POAdigital provides access to resources, training, and more.
“We have spared no effort to make the capital of Rio Grande do Sul a more connected, entrepreneurial, and collaborative city. The partnership with IBM has been very important in this way, and the launch of the #POAdigital portal allows us to take another big step towards the 'smarter Porto Alegre' that we want.”
José Fortunati // @josefortunati
Mayor of Porto Alegre
Why Porto Alegre, Brazil?
- 470K Developers in Brazil
- 2600+ Startups in Brazil
- 3 of the top 8 universities in Porto Alegre
Massive impact for devs and startups.
#POAdigital provides a local, all-in-one hub for:
- Skill/App Showcases
- ... and more!
Enhanced by local engagement.
Check #POAdigital events over the next 90 days for:
- Bluemix Days
- IBM Cloud Days
- Bluemix and MobileFirst Hackathon
- Startup Mentoring
- The Developer Conference
- Smarter City Challenge
- ... and more!
Amazing firsts for IBM and Brazil.
- Digital City in Latin America
- Digital City built on IBM Bluemix AND Cloud Foundry
- Digital City built using an IBM Corporate Citizenship Impact Grant
- Digital City with a companion mobile app via MobileFirst hackathon this September
- Digital City with a non-English portal
Learn more and share the news.